passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sega News

DANGERMAN

Considering no single release other than GTA and Mario Kart could ever recoup those costs, I'd assume this will be some sort of ever-growing GAAS/social platform thing, not unlike what UbiSoft is planning for Assassin's Creed. Unfortunately, I also don't think SEGA can pull that off so the cynic in me reads this as "SEGA is going to file for bankruptcy in early 2027".

Which would be a shame. Ever since the Dreamcast I've felt like they are their own worst enemy. Valkyria Chronicles for example is one of the best IPs nobody is talking about. Sonic is the very definition of a rollercoaster, quality-wise. Then they bring back fanservice stuff like Samba de Amigo and lock tracks from other SEGA games behind a DLC paywall. Etc.

At least Yakuza seems to be cruising along just fine with a loyal fanbase, same for Atlus stuff. But you need to sell a lot of Persona spin-offs to make up for burning 800 million dollars.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also rooting for GA, that series deserves a good 3D outing.

But that announcement was nuts. I expect most of it being relatively early in development, but whoever is in charge at SEGA probably opened a meeting at some point with the words "let's get our shit together".

God I hope they don't mess those up and more importantly, I hope it pays off. They don't look Triple-A but none of them looked cheap either, so please let there be an audience for all these IPs in 2024 and beyond.

That trailer is wicked and has some of the best announcements but it’s just sat here in sega news lol. Why didn’t they make different trailers for each. I’m worried it’s because they look shoddy.

I hope they’re all great. Can we get a Sega GT please next?

Heard both jet set and crazy taxi are being developed by phantasy star team. The same team that works on games as a service division within sega. 

Those rumours of NFTs and Block chain may come to fruition yet. 

Time to Expect the Worst and Hope for the best. 

Dont fuck this up Sega. 

Very tiny tidbit of new info in this marketing presentation (page 36): https://www.segasammy.co.jp/cms/wp-content/uploads/pdf/en/ir/management_meeting2023_e_day1.pdf

Streets of Rage has Revolution as a subtitle, Gum confirmed for JSR as expected, a first look at the GA characters from the front (really cool designs IMO) and some key art for every game in the background, out of which Shinobi's is probably my favourite.

if we're going down the NFT theory, Jet Set on the Dreamcast let you create your own graffiti and save it to the VMU to use in game. NFT graffiti tags seem like they could have been a thing a year or so back.

Surely though even Sega can see that horse has bolted, no one cares about them and no one liked them in the first place