passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gran Turismo 7

DisturbedSwan

Take it in the only one who’s slightly disappointed in the graphics then? The tracks have a weird “flat” look to them IMO. There seems to be very little detail in them, the tarmac for example just doesn’t have much texture to it and the roadside detail seems lacking. In photo mode the cars look incredible but during races they look worse than most Horizon 5 ones IMO. 

The chase cam makes it look ridiculous too, the cars pivot rather than turn. Look like toys. In car view looks fine though thank fuck. 

I’m definitely still getting it, gameplay wise I doubt I’ll have little to grumble about. Fast loads in racing games make a huge difference too. But I don’t know if it’s the shit YouTube videos or what but graphically I’m really disappointed so far especially since it’s meant to be one of those games that really shows off. Hopefully it’s better when natively running on my Tv, finding that a lot lately with games I see on YT looking a bit disappointing but when I actually play them they look loads better 

If you're nit-picking that much with the graphics, I doubt it's YT to be honest.

Graphics look phenomenal to me, car models look better than the likes of Horizon 5 IMHO but environments outside the track do look a little flat compared to FM7 and FH5, just my perspective. 

@mfnick the vid I posted by GamingBolt touches on it. Says it's excellent.

yeah the fast loading will be great, should help a lot with the stupid menu system too (i'm assuming it'll have stupid menus ), not seen too much of the reviews but apparently it's a bit of a grind to get money, hope it's not too bad with that. still looking forward to it anyway.

Yeah, looks like a similar grind to gt sport, but wth additional tuning parts to buy. 

Gt sport at least gave you a daily car, but thats not even guaranteed here. 

They definitely seem to want people to buy in game currency. 

Just a warning to any other physical Anniversary Edition buyers out there about the PS4 code in the box:

The PS4 digital code contains
- Soundtrack
- Toyota GR Yaris
- 1,000,000 credits

So if you want these goodies you need to redeem the PS4 version even if you only intend to play the PS5 version.

Guess it's to stop folks reselling the PS4 code, but it still sucks.

Lolz. An older forza game apparently had similar but got bad reviews and the day 1 patch took that stuff out/rebalanced it so no one other than reviewers played the crappy version, hopefully they'll do similar and patch this up.

Disk version just arrived, its downloading 97gb. You can do music rally while waiting, the triggers feel weird, just seems like old GT, but i like old GT.

10 minutes ago, spatular said:

Lolz. An older forza game apparently had similar but got bad reviews and the day 1 patch took that stuff out/rebalanced it so no one other than reviewers played the crappy version, hopefully they'll do similar and patch this up.

Disk version just arrived, its downloading 97gb. You can do music rally while waiting, the triggers feel weird, just seems like old GT, but i like old GT.

Very jealous, make the thread! I thought you'd have a wheel haha.

Horizon 5 had an icon to buy the treasure map with real money, I'll just do what I always do and ignore it. It's a shame it's in there, but not a new thing at all. 

5 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Very jealous, make the thread! I thought you'd have a wheel haha.

Horizon 5 had an icon to buy the treasure map with real money, I'll just do what I always do and ignore it. It's a shame it's in there, but not a new thing at all. 

yeah i wasn't sure if i should start a thread but only played 1 race so will hold off for now. (will be playing with a wheel :D)

and yeah i wasn't very clear on my comment, i agree it's (real money transactions) in loads of stuff and mostly easy to ignore, forza games throw cars at you so you don't need to use it, what i meant was when its more problematic like that one specific one (might have been motorsport 5) where the game was apparently designed to push you towards using the microtransactions (then patched out day 1) - not saying GT7 is like this as i don't know but it sounds grindy, i guess i'm just hoping that if it is it'll get fixed/patched up.

1 hour ago, Nag said:

Not sure that's really comparable given those prices.😅

This. 

It was less than £5. Plus that’s for locating optional extras within the world which you could just Google instead. Totally unnecessary. This is for the actual cars within the game, bit of a gameplay difference there. 
Hopefully the in game economy and progression isn’t fucked to where it’s actually a issue. Then it won’t really matter.

& yea I remember Forza 5 being really bad for in game transactions. Like has been said though, they patched the economy before release so it wasn’t a problem really.