passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Top 100

mfnick

The problem is how to manage the passage of time, as technology and expectations move on.

I loved Baldur's Gate and Day of the Tentacle back on the PC when they first came out. Absolutely nailed on favourite games. But good enough to be in a Top 100 ? Well, I've not revisited either for a good number of years, nor their newer enhanced versions.

Then what of Sonic on the MD, brilliant, until I plugged in the MD a year ago and the slowdown in parts is atrocious.

And so is always the thought when putting lists down.

Is it how I felt about the game on its original hardware in their original timeframe, or how they stand up now.

Then take a group of online games where servers might now be off, and you'll never play them again (or quite the same again).

I know a bunch of rose-tinted will say "it doesn't matter" but then any game you haven't (re)played in 3-5 yrs ought maybe not to be on your list, unless we're accepting of a big dollop of nostalgia, where a top 10 for each platform might fit better?

A good portion of yours would be in mine. I also couldn’t possibly order them. I might try 10 at a time as it seems like a mammoth task.

I wish Raptr was still alive as I had a good up to date collection list on there.

I'm currently compiling a list, and it's very tricky.

I'm enjoying looking at everyone else's Top 100s, a lot of us have similar tastes. When I do post mine I'll be listing them alphabetically like Craymen, because it's hard enough just putting 100 games together let alone putting them in order of greatness with titles from various decades.

2 minutes ago, Craymen Edge said:

Yeah, I saw that. Not sure if it replaced something it shouldn't have, or was just pasted in by mistake.

I'm doing mine at the minute and it's making me wish I'd paid attention when being told how to do V-lookups in excel so I could check for duplicates

3 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I'm doing mine at the minute and it's making me wish I'd paid attention when being told how to do V-lookups in excel so I could check for duplicates

A quick and dirty way to check is to use countif. 

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100, A1)

Put that in B1, assuming your list starts in A1 and is 100 long, then drag it down to fill in the rest of the list. It will count how many times the text in the cell it's next to appears in the range.

1 hour ago, shinymcshine said:

@Craymen Edge Emlyn Hughes International Soccer brings back some memories - I played it loads on C64, which format were you on? I never had Microprose Soccer, but did have (Commodore) International Soccer on a C64 cart.

Yep, the C64 version. That period around the late 80's/early 90's was probably the last time I really cared about football.