passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

Screenshot_2-e5e0.jpg

Readers reveal the games and announcements they’re most looking forward to from E3 2021, including Gotham Knights and Far Cry 6.

By this time next week E3 2021 will have begun and while it’s online only it should still be the biggest preview event of the year. The pandemic has made it difficult to predict what might be revealed by the various publishers but we wanted to know what you were looking forward to the most.

As you’d imagine, the Switch Pro, Zelda: Breath Of The Wild 2, and Elden Ring were the most popular choices but there was also lots of interest in seeing Microsoft cut lose, no matter what they might actually show.

Forza Horizon 5 reveal with a September release date... Happy days.

Little Devil Inside is the only one that comes to mind I am looking forward to (had to check it wasn't out already).

EDIT: Considering it is supposed to be out in July, I should think it will appear?

Really looking forward to seeing more Forza - both Motorsport and Horizon. Can’t wait for the current gen versions of those. Especially Motorsport, hopefully they don’t fuck up by adding more cards and loot box style shit to it again. 

Can’t actually think of anything else I’m really looking forward to at the moment. Hopefully something new catches my interest. Looking forward to GoW 2 footage but the cross gen news has dampened that somewhat plus I still prefer the original ones. 

Want to see a bit more on Scorn too just because I love the Giger inspired visual design. Hopefully it’s still being made and hasn’t been cancelled. 

Breath of the Wild 2

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Elden Ring

Babylon’s Fall

Final Fantasy XVI

Avowed

Hogwart’s Legacy

Mass Effect/Dragon Age

Elder Scrolls VI/Starfield

Fable

Project Triangle Strategy

Hollow Knight: Silksong (hopefully the developers were lying)

Something abut Metroid, like I said in the other topic.

Other than that: Fable, Perfect Dark, hopefully a bit of info about some of the RPGs mentioned above (I actually completely forgot about Avowed already) and that one Remake Square Enix teased a while ago (Soul Reaver? Parasite Eve?).

It's been leaked that SMTV is coming out by the end of the year so I'm looking forward to seeing something more substantial of that.  I'd like to see if Metroid Prime 4 is anywhere near done, same with Perfect Dark.  Other than that some nice surprises.

Company types will use 'franchise' to mean a single game that has any potential to be built on in any way.  It's corporate jargon (I've said this before but I encourage gamers not to refer to a series as a 'franchise', just a little habit to make things less corporate).

I'm not saying it means it is Vagrant Story, just that it has as much chance as any.  Less important and cultish games have got remakes.  Like, we've just got an SMTIII remaster that's getting some attention so with the right marketing, reminding people it's linked to Final Fantasy's Ivalice world it could do okay, maybe.  It's just a case of if someone at Square-Enix wants to do it.

I've given up on metroid, so it'll probably happen. Other than that @radiofloyds list is very attractive (apart from the 3 on there I've never heard of.

One omission on that list is the sequel to one of my favourite games of the last generation, Hellblade. A gameplay trailer would be nice.

stuff that probably won't happen - outrun, ridge racer, pgr, driveclub, waverace. i guess they might show halo, but i'm more interested in if they've increased the radar range in multiplayer than anything they're likely to show. the already mentioned forza horizon 5 and botw 2 would be cool.

Did Microsoft say anything about Forza Horizon recently? Because now that Playground is doing Fable (and I think they're not big enough to handle two AAA projects simultaneously) they'd need to put a different studio on it. I know Sumo did the 360 version of FH2 back in the day but I'm not sure if they could pull off a proper AAA sequel.

25 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Because they are differentiating that FFIV and FFIII are '3D Remake'

I'd interpret that as they are finally porting the brilliant DS remakes of 3, 4 & 5. I'd be up for playing those again.

2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Did Microsoft say anything about Forza Horizon recently? Because now that Playground is doing Fable (and I think they're not big enough to handle two AAA projects simultaneously) they'd need to put a different studio on it. I know Sumo did the 360 version of FH2 back in the day but I'm not sure if they could pull off a proper AAA sequel.

Playground Games have two studios both in Leamington Spa, they opened the second for the purpose of Fable.

With all the so called leaks around where the game takes place (Mexico) I'm hoping for a Forza Horizon 3 style reveal at E3 and a release later this year... the game is already one year overdue so fingers crossed.

Usually the case but I’m pretty sure its been officially confirmed Horizonte 5 will be out before Motorsport 8. I definitely remember reading after the Motorsport 8 reveal that it’s a long way off and they’d be getting another Horizon out first. Something about making sure they get it right.