passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

38 minutes ago, Nigel Tufnell said:

Yep, was announced in June. 

Posted in the SotD thread at the time.

9 minutes ago, Nag said:

Pretty certain you can't play either on this generation hardware.

Which might mean something if they were great games to begin with? Surely that's what these ports and remasters should be focused on? Not a fresh coat of paint on mid to dross level games. Grasshopper alone has far better games that could benefit from this treatment IE Killer7 and the No More Heroes Trilogy.

1 hour ago, OCH said:

Why would Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned be getting remasters at all?? Has this bandwagon hit the bottom of the barrel already??

Cheap to do I guess, even if it's just porting the PC versions to consoles. Both games have a famous developer attached to them, so I suppose they'll generate enough headlines to get enough sales to at least not lose money 

On 30/08/2023 at 19:29, OCH said:

Grasshopper alone has far better games that could benefit from this treatment IE Killer7 and the No More Heroes Trilogy.

They don't fully own the rights for killer7. I don't remember the specifics, but it was a big victory for them when they managed to get it at least on PC a few years ago.

And personally I think both Lollipop Chainsaw and especially Shadows of the Damned are way better than NMH (though I have yet to play the third one).

17 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

They don't fully own the rights for killer7.

😞.. One of my favourite games ever. Essentially barred from returning then?

18 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

And personally I think both Lollipop Chainsaw and especially Shadows of the Damned are way better than NMH (though I have yet to play the third one).

I too, haven't played the third one (or Travis Strikes Back). But I remember the second game being very good. My experience with Lollipop Chainsaw was a repetitive slog with naff jokes. I think I watched half a Let's Play of Shadow of the Damned and wasn't impressed enough to continue nor buy it myself.

Suda cares a lot about killer7 but I wouldn't bet on a remaster to be honest. It's a shame though, looking at the PC version all the game really needed was a higher resolution and a few updates to its UI, otherwise it still looks fantastic. 

I didn’t know Killer 7 was available on the PC either. Just bought it as it’s one of my all time favourites too. Hope it actually works. 

You guys should really try NMH 3. I liked the first 2 but didn’t think they were amazing. 3 though, it’s just fucking brilliant! 

Lollipop Chainsaw I remember being very repetitive like OCH. I’m still interested in trying it again though. Shadows of the Damned is great.