passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

3 hours ago, Maf said:

@DisturbedSwan Yes it made 70 mil WW but there are so many different variables like what countries did it open in, what streaming options are there, etc. The only fair comparison is US box office weekend. Black Widow made 80 mil and Suicide Squad 23.5. And I don't think Black Widow has broken even yet. 

I mean that's just ouch. 

Yeah I get you, compared to BW's $70m, $23.5m is pretty poor. 

Apparently Apple offered Universal/EON $460m for Bond and they turned it down @Maryokutai, I really can't see them getting that much from the box office, even BW has only made $360m WW (I know that doesn't take into account D+, but still). 

I watched Suicide Squad over the weekend. It's better than the first one, and there's a couple of likeable characters in there, but it's not great

and for whatever reason, it really highlighted how small the pool of actors superhero movies seem to pick from is. Half the cast have been in at least one other superhero film

On 09/08/2021 at 18:42, Maf said:

Suicide Squad loses at box office

https://variety.com/2021/film/box-office/the-suicide-squad-box-office-underwhelms-1235037004/

26.5 million dollars take in on a production budget of 180 million dollars

Let me do the numbers real quick…So if you…times by state…carry the 2…add back in…holy shit…that can’t be…

Yeah so it turns out it’s not good. Not good at all.

That R rating doesn’t help.

The Suicide Squad

It's been a while since I watched ...anything. Especially at the cinema. But I really enjoyed this. With a caveat. I haven't seen the first Suicide Squad, for the most part. Or Birds of Prey. The linking thread being Harley Quinn. This film being my first real exposure to her Live Action performance. Her voice/accent/whatever is absolutely horrendous. Considering some of her scenes are quite entertaining, I struggled to enjoy them whenever she spoke. Aside from that, it did exactly what I'd expect, given the name. With a satisfying level of violence too. 8/10

She's based off of how Harley has been portrayed in animated shows and videogames these last years. Tara Strong has this super grating voice and I'm not that big of a fan of it also, but it's probably a deliberate choice to stay in line with that.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be good to see Riddler being presented anew, beyond the shadow of Jim Carrey's interpretation. Aaron Eckhart certainly redeemed Two Face, in TDK. 

I'm not fussed one way or the other about another Catwoman. 

• 2 weeks later...