passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Hendo

The little ‘un suggested Minecraft Steve as a possible character. He’d even made up what moves and Final Smash he could have.

Obviously I shot him down straight away and informed him that Microsoft own Minecraft, and they’d never play ball with Nintendo.

There then followed a lecture about copyright law.

#TopDad

Just got this with some Xmas money. It’s fun enough but nothing is really grabbing me and making me want to play more. The WOL mode seems pretty boring and repetitive, messing around with the spirits hasn’t already passed its welcome with me. And the rest of the package is just a few fights stuck together. Suppose it’s to be expected, it’s mainly a MP game but I really enjoyed Subspace back in the day and I’d heard the WOL mode was pretty good so wasn’t hoping that would fill that space, hasn’t so far at all.

Also, a slight tangent but I fucking hate the joycons. They suck so bad, they make playing games more difficult. Even after near enough 100%ing Mario Odyssey I still don’t like using them and for this they seem even worse. Controls across 99% of PS4 and One games feel natural and good. Whereas anything on the switch I always feel like I’m fighting against the controls and have to think too much about them. Urgh! May have to get a Pro controller but they’re so god damn expensive and don’t even know if that’ll solve it. Still won’t help when playing handheld either :( 

47 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Uh-oh he said goat. He'll be all over it now.

I've not got a pro but have the thing that the cons slip into and it charges them when wired. 

Imagine how much better it would be if you had a real pro controller instead of a fake one

I've got one of those Hori pads. The dpad is ok on it but I noticed the other day playing a shmup that it's got a dead zone on the analogue stick, it's fine for Smash, and fwiw I think the joycons are too. They're the worst controller of this generation for the big 3 easily 

I keep threatening to get one of the Hori left joy cons for the dpad in handheld, can't justify that and a pro controller really 

2 hours ago, Maf said:

Imagine how much better it would be if you had a real pro controller instead of a fake one

I like the GC pad so no real need as yet. 

Maybe when I actually get a game on Switch that would benefit I'll take the plunge ?

1 hour ago, ThreeFour said:

I like the GC pad so no real need as yet. 

Maybe when I actually get a game on Switch that would benefit I'll take the plunge ?

HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT DANMAKU UNLIMITED 3

• 4 weeks later...