passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Diablo Immortal

DisturbedSwan

You're pretty much always in the centre of the screen in Diablo. I've no idea how the game they're basing this off controls but I don't see why you'd need to be precise, it isn't especially precise even on pc, so I don't see why a floating analogue disc wouldn't work for movement 

When I used to play Mario Kart Wii online I was always surprised at the amount of people who would use the motion controls.  You could tell who would as there would be a little Wii steering wheel next to their name, and it would be gold if they ranked up high enough with it.  The same control scheme was in MK8 but you wouldn't see it as much, but they were there.

I never used them apart from once or twice to try or show people.  But people clearly thought that's just how you play Mario Kart Wii and they got just as good as most good controller players using motion controls, which never felt like they had the same accuracy to me.  But the results of the driving skills of these motion control users spoke for itself.

Some people can't use a controller for FPSs and insist M&K is the only way to go, I can't use a controller for 2D fighters for shit but plenty do and do so with a lot of success.

And I can only assume that's what happens with these phone games.  I don't want to use them unless I have to but there is a whole successful, sub-section of the industry around games that use these controls, and in games that can have big time investments.  To say they just don't work surely is just factually wrong at this point.

The thing that people can't seem to get their heads around (which is actually hilarious) is this is NOT a core Diablo game.

Diablo 4 is in development.

"Diablo is not suited to that at all." - Good thing this isn't a core Diablo game then. It's being re-balanced into something that plays well on mobile. Will is be as good as a core game? Probably not, but it doesn't matter. It's a mobile spin off, not Diablo 4. 

"Can't be done." - I mean, it obviously can, because it has. Several times, some even from NetEase. 

"They need to stop with this stuff." - Why? What's so bad about taking a PC or console IP and making a variation of it for handheld? And let's face it, that's what mobiles are now. Nintendo have always made stripped down versions of their core series and put them on their handheld systems to great effect. Even SEGA had more hits than misses with their handheld catalogue. And there are more mobile phones in hands than their are 3DS's or Switches, and they're getting more powerful with each generation so why not put games on them?

If phones are powerful enough to run something like this then why not go for it? It could potentially bring 'casual' gamers to a 'hardcore' franchise when D4 launches. For some people playing on mobile during their commute or work break is the only time they get, so why shouldn't they have the opportunity to play something other than Candy Crush?

If it's full of microtransactions then yeah, it can get to fuck, especially if you have to buy the game first. But if it's free and they manage the MTX's similar to something like Warframe, then it could be great.

No that I'll be playing it.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Wow!

You came out saying it was a terrible idea, wouldn’t work and shouldn’t be made. Everyone disagrees with you, you say you never said you were against it.

Where am I wrong in that summary?

Yes you are.

Go read my posts properly. Or I could summarise here.

It's a terrible idea and they should have used new IP to prevent people from being upset because it's going to be hard to live up to full fat versions.

I go on to say that from a design aspect it's going to be really hard to get the Diablo feel. Despite being in the centre of the screen all the time you've got stuff possible coming from each side of the screen. This isn't something like Candy Crush where things fall from the top and the obstructions your hands make. Having a onscreen analogue with buttons for attacks is still taking up real estate you can't afford to lose or making you pull hand positions that aren't really ergonomic. For example look at what people do to play BR games on phones because it's a pain to play without.

I go on to say Diablo would be neutered, but upon research trying to find out more about the game I found out that this wasn't the case.I was wrong there and held up my hands. It however did throw up the whole NetEase thing which made me question who exactly this was for. Some suspected China, but then again if it was for China why are we seeing it at Blizzcon? If it's aimed at China show it directly to China.

I go on to say that I'm not against mobile games. In fact upon hearing the Nintendo news I split on it, saying one game would work and the other wouldn't. Because one suits playing on a touchscreen and the other doesn't.

I say despite China's interest in Diablo it's not gone down well there.either, mainly because they've already played the game Immortals foundations lay on. That could change in the future.

I said it shouldn't have existed because it's a terrible idea. Which it is, the backlash has been extraordinary. That's not me saying I'm against it, that's me saying that this is a terrible idea and that Blizzard should have known better to even push it. That's the biggest difference.

You can construe it how you will. At no point do I specifically say I am against this game. I even say I probably won't be playing it so it doesn't really matter to me. I do say that it's a bad idea and state why while providing arguments for my case.

And that's me done. I won't be replying to this thread for a few weeks because I literally have nothing more to add.

Guys can we seriously stop the long winded posts.

I literally have 10 minutes to read the forum everyday. As soon seem them I want to fall a sleep. No disrepect to Sly or Blakey at all but it's a forum not a blog. Can we keep it short. I'm not having a go, but please guys. 

1 hour ago, Duck said:

Guys can we seriously stop the long winded posts.

I literally have 10 minutes to read the forum everyday. As soon seem them I want to fall a sleep. No disrepect to Sly or Blakey at all but it's a forum not a blog. Can we keep it short. I'm not having a go, but please guys. 

Are you serious? Jesus fuck man, lighten up a bit :lol: I'll write what I want in my own posts ta :) 

Not even sure why you've mentioned me in this post anyway considering I've not even posted in this thread anyway apart from the OP and 1 other (short) post. ?‍♀️

Someone define “summarise” for @Sly Reflex

That is a bit of an odd request @Duck

@Blakey He probably means your impressions. 

8 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

upon hearing the Nintendo news

That rumour you mean? I think you’re exaggerating the backlash. They announced a mobile game at convention specifically for blizzard in a room in which people were dressed up as god knows what so of course it looked bad. They centralised everyone that wouldn’t be happy and told them the bad news. 

I kinda feel feel sorry for Blizzard. They create something those people love then get shouted at for making more of it. Of course 4 is in development. No need to be babies. I wished they’d have just told them ok, no more q and a next time. 

Wandering a little off topic but for me what’s annoying about these kind of games (games like Hearthstone, PUBG, Fortnite, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Pokemon Go) is that because they receive constant updates, gaming websites are swamped with news on them. I mean there have been times when Eurogamer had multiple articles on Pokemon Go for days in a row, in fact I’m pretty sure they make an article for every update for the game. That kind of shit dives me crazy. I wish online game websites, especially the larger ones, focused more on reviews. 

Anyway, nevermind...