passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

16 minutes ago, Nag said:

continues to be one massive shit show

From what I've been hearing. This also applies to Silent Hill Ascension. I don't think this bodes well for most of what Konami is planning for SH in the next few months.. Especially the remake of SH2 and the movie adaptation.

It will probably be the subject of many videos but apparently that Day Before thing seems like a scam. Least that's what people are saying. They used volunteer labour and asset flips from the Unreal store to largely sell a game off the back of one really good trailer to get funding. 

At least that's what people are saying, find it all a bit hard to understand tbh. Shitshow is right though

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-strange-saga-of-the-day-before

(the day) before

After

I'm not (yet) convinced it's a scam, but I've also yet to really look into that whole thing. Some kind of game came out, but the people behind it seem relatively delusional about what they can realistically achieve as an indie developer. At least that's how I interpret their wonky communication thus far. But we'll get a lot more info about this in the coming weeks for sure.

It's all super weird though. But when you think about it, if Hello Games had gone bankrupt immediately after the release of No Man's Sky, it would be an eerily similar situation.

8 hours ago, Nag said:

GBJ6eTuXgAA46KQ.jpeg

While I never thought E3 would make a full on come back this makes me incredibly sad... i kind've hate the hodgepodge showcases we get during the summer now.

Same, and I regret that I could never afford to go. Maybe I should save my pennies and go to Gamescom 

I'm not sure if that's worth the trip anymore from the UK. Maybe once for the experience and to check out some retro and indie booths, but the main halls are so crowded and waiting times so long that I really wouldn't recommend going there for that part. Unless you somehow manage to get a business card to get in early on Wednesday, which was the only day I was able to enjoy the last few years I went.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:18, one-armed dwarf said:

It will probably be the subject of many videos but apparently that Day Before thing seems like a scam. Least that's what people are saying. They used volunteer labour and asset flips from the Unreal store to largely sell a game off the back of one really good trailer to get funding. 

At least that's what people are saying, find it all a bit hard to understand tbh. Shitshow is right though

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-strange-saga-of-the-day-before

(the day) before

After

They’re shutting the servers down for good next month, apparently. What absolute charlatans. Hopefully anyone duped by this gets their money back.

Though I see some people are selling steam keys for a few hundred quid. Ludicrous.

19 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Only 3 games? Rough year or most of the time spent on consoles? Or could that be a yes to both? :lol: 

I've probably played a little bit more on Xbox and Switch, but still very small amounts. In the tens of hours I'd say