passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Infinite

DisturbedSwan

So even a year later they're still not done with this. I hope we get a behind the scenes of whatever nightmare happened during development of this thing.

It's kind of a bummer though, Halo is literally the only series I keep playing in coop with a friend of mine who kind of fell out of gaming but still likes to keep up with all the Halo stuff. Guess that won't happen during this holiday.

15 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

So even a year later they're still not done with this. I hope we get a behind the scenes of whatever nightmare happened during development of this thing.

I'd imagine revamping the look of the game after the whole "Craig" fiasco took a decent length of time... who knows, maybe we'll get a book out of it.

7 hours ago, Nag said:

I'd imagine revamping the look of the game after the whole "Craig" fiasco took a decent length of time... who knows, maybe we'll get a book out of it.

But coop as a mode should have been in consideration since the beginning and basically have been done by the time they showed the "Craig demo" last year. It's not something you put in and test at the last minute usually so this is yet another little piece that demonstrates just how messy this whole development process must have been. I really wonder how this game is going to turn out in the end, at least on the campaign side of things.

Doesn't matter whether it's the best campaign in the series lifetime, it's destined to be marked down for what's missing rather than being marked for what is there now.

Either way, I'll be using Game Pass for this and nothing of note is missing as far as I'm concerned.

16 hours ago, Nag said:

Either way, I'll be using Game Pass for this and nothing of note is missing as far as I'm concerned.

So are people willing to overlook products being unfinished more than usual because they can download them at no extra costs via Gamepass? And isn't that kind of setting a really bad precedent?

I'd like to stay optimistic, both as far as this game is concerned and the future of the series as a whole. I still believe Infinite was such a bumpy road because of the whole unnecessary cross-gen stuff, which thankfully Microsoft is moving away from next year.

I'm not going to be upset that something I don't use is missing no, if it was the single player campaign that was held back in favour of multi then maybe I'd be a bit pissed.

And being on Game Pass is neither here nor there, as long as you have an Internet connection you'll get the Forge and Co-op added at a later date in a free patch.

releasing unfinished games is a problem, for any number of reasons. Game Pass does excuse it to some extent, but Halo Infinite isn't coming exclusively to GP, I suspect most Halo fans will actually buy the game, which is where it's a problem. A "roadmap" of extra content to keep the game alive is fine, core features being left out to hit a release date isn't, and I'm not sure it ever really goes well... Fortnite aside obviously 

I've been pretty down on this game throughout it's announcement to (underwhelming) reveal last year and don't really want to shit on it anymore, but, to me co-op is so ingrained in Halo that this news hits pretty deep. I completely understand why they've done it but I'll likely not bother with it until it's implemented, that's how important co-op is to me for Halo, without it it's so much more boring (similar story to Gears). 

I have so many fond memories of playing through Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach in co-op, for me if that's not in there then it takes away a lot of the appeal. I remember getting Halo 5 a few days early and didn't want to start it as the servers hadn't yet been turned on, so I waited for the release date then dived in.

Being on Game Pass, I can still obviously dive into it no strings attached and see what I think of it, it wasn't high on my priority list but seeing as it's included with GP I was going to at least give it a go, I still will but it has gone down now even more in my list of priorities.

• 1 month later...

Everyone is really buzzing about Halo Infinite’s multiplayer. I haven’t seen a bad word said against it so far. Very exciting.

I’ve played a bit of Halo multiplayer on every Halo game since Halo 3 I think. I liked it, but it never really grabbed me. I don’t think any online shooter ever has. I played tones of Destiny multiplayer but that was for grinding purposes I really didn’t enjoy it much.

But overall my interest in multiplayer has changed since the last time I played Halo online so hopefully if this one is as good as people say I can really get in to it too.

Apparently Big Team Battle is the true highlight