passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

Not sure if this is the right place for first impressions but here goes:

Really impressed with the build quality, great quality tablet that feels premium, the controllers and cradle just the same, definitely doesn't feel like the toy-like Wii U gamepad, has a premium more 'tech' feel akin to a tablet/high end phone.

The whole dashboard has a very clean, clinical feel to it, everything is within reach from the home screen and there are no complicated marketplaces or numerous settings windows. Feels very well laid out and easy to access the eshop, settings or a game within seconds

Feels similar to the WiiMote & Nunchuk handling both individual controllers but not quite as intuitive, I have very small hands for a bloke but even for me the controllers are a tad small, the analog stick for the right JoyCon feels really awkward and they slip around a lot in the hand.

The Cradle is amazing though, when I looked at it before I got a Switch I thought it looked unwieldy and cumbersome but its not like that at all, gives you an nice grip to hold on to and the 'controller' as a whole, very pleased I didn't shell out for a Pro controller now! Not needed at all in my view.

So yeah, I'm very impressed with it, almost feels like Nintendo have finally made a 'grown up' console, will say I'm very pleased I got the Grey though as the Neon would look silly in your entertainment centre, the Grey just blends in and looks extremely svelte.

I went laptop shopping yesterday in Saturn (which is basically the polish version of Comet/PC World) and wondered over to the gaming section. I had a look around and seen they had one lonely Switch left. I picked it up, looked at Zelda, looked at the Switch, looked at Zelda, looked at the Switch for about 5 minutes and decide to put it back. :( I have the money just not the time at the moment (I haven't had a chance to play a game since i moved 3 months ago) and i don't want to play a new Zelda game in small chunks. I was going to wait till the summer to get one but i think i'll probably myself probably at the end of the month. 

And for anyone interested the Switch price here is 300 quid, so 20 more than the UK. Which is fucking mental as the "average" wage here is about 400 a month. Still sold out almost ever where though, Zelda is 56 which is abit cheaper than game i think. 

I've had a couple of hours with the switch now and first impressions it's a lovely console, a nice feel to the UI it's simple yet effective. I've played some zelda on the handheld it's truely a beautiful game to behold, the whole system feels like it's what the wii u should of been if only Nintendo had held on a couple of years...

Only one niggle, looking online it's been asked already but why can't the wii u pro controller not be used with the switch, yep it might lose the ability for amiibo and rumble but otherwide should work ok??

I'm in a bit of fix. I can afford Zelda if I buy it on the WiiU but I know I'll get a Switch at some point soon.

I could drop it all on my credit card but I've been steadily paying it off for a while and that would send me back a few months.