passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice

Hendo

I wanted this to be good, but watched the last superman film the other night it hasn't aged well and its not that old ethier. Its a bit worrying if Affleck holds the film up he hasn't been great in many films.

But he's done some crackers as well though. I can see him being a good batman.

Posted this in 'Films', but thought I'd post it here too.

I thought it was surprisingly good, not amazing by any means but I enjoyed it.

Plot was really disjointed and hard to get into until the last 30/40 minutes when the finale begun, and I thought it was absolutely incredible, had goosebumps at the introduction of Wonder Woman.

Have to praise Affleck too, he was surprisingly good and played Batman/Wayne to a tee, I liked Jesse Einsenberg as Luthor too, but I can see why some won't, it was a zany, unpredictable, psychotic portrayal of the character and I enjoyed it, I thought it felt fresh and unique for Comic Film portrayals these days, reminded me of Heath Ledger's joker a bit too.

Thought Cavill and Amy Adams weren't great, also there's a 'bath scene' early in the film featuring the two of them (with Adams in her Birthday suit) that made me laugh, it was just so bizarre and an odd inclusion.

So, yeah, in the end I think its worth a watch, I had incredibly low expectations going in and came out pleasantly surprised. It's a decent introduction to the DCU and JL and things are looking good for the future.

7/10

I went to see it earlier with a few mates. We went bowling after, which was more fun.

Which is not to say it's a bad film, but I wouldn't watch it again.

It takes too long to get going and takes too long to end. The guy doing Lex Luthor isn't great but isn't as bad as I was expecting.

However Wonder Woman is certainly something.

• 1 month later...

I watched it over the weekend. Agreed that it's better than the hate but it's not anything special. It bounces around without context too much, there was at least one point where I wasn't sure if it was a dream sequence, a memory, or actually happening 

Also I didn't realise Wonder Woman was that powerful