passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 4

DisturbedSwan

Let's be honest, 2 weeks to play a game the size of Fallout isn't a long time. You would have to cane it 6 hours a day to see the thick end of the content. If you were to do everything in a Bethesda game you're looking at thousands of hours. they could bust through several other games and get them written up in the time it takes to play one of these epics.

It's like people that buy whatever game comes out and they wax lyrical over it for a week and then they start finding stuff that's annoying or just doesn't work. You don't get the big picture on a normal sized game until you've spent a fair chunk of time with it, you're looking at a couple of hundred hours into something like this. Craymen has the right idea. See what the consensus is a few months down the line to get an accurate gauge of how good the bloody thing is.

Reviewers have been caning it I assure you, so they probably have been playing 6 hours a day for the last two weeks to get it done, obviously that's going to give you a decent number of hours (84) to see all the game has to offer, still not quite enough to see everything I'd imagine, sure, but enough to give an informed opinion.

Quite frankly I don't really care what anyone thinks about any game really, if I want to buy it then I'll buy it, obviously feedback from you guys and reviews are worth taking into account, but that's all, a review or piece of feedback will never fully inform my purchase of a game, that's just me though. One man's trash is another man's treasure, games people love or hate are subjective just like Music or Films, we can't all like the same things, and I respect differing opinions but the only one that matters to me ultimately is my own.

I've bought games that reviewers have slated and loved them, and bought games that forum members on other forums didn't like and enjoyed them, I could never wait a couple of months after a game releases either, I'm far too impatient for that, fuck that shit :lol:

:lol: Now you just sound like a conspiracy theorist Si :lol:

And your second point, I wasn't pulling it from anywhere to be honest, I was just merely saying my particular thought process for buying games in conjunction with reviews/feedback really, if I came across as defensive it definitely wasn't intentional :)

This is one for the Christmas list for me, loved Fallout 3 and NV, but got stung by a bug that wasn't so much a game breaker, but a story breaker in NV that forced me down the evil route (a turret that auto attacked me in a vault classed as a freindly kill so some character saw me as to bad to continue the good quest), so hopefully some of the bigger snags will have been patched out by Dec 25th!

Rich Stanton has reviewed this for The Guardian.

Bethesda is a studio with a reputation for delivering buggy games, and with Fallout 4 it delivers once again. In the PS4 version we tested, minor issues include NPC allies getting stuck in walls, conversations ending but leaving you stuck in conversation mode, enormous load times when leaving interiors, and inescapable-deathtrap autosaves that ruin several hours of progress. Occasional manual saves are a must.

The major problem is frame rate drops during especially intense combat, in certain areas of the map, or while using certain guns. Using a sniper rifle in the area around Diamond City saw the framerate reduce to treacle, while in other instances it’s just an unpleasant dragging that over time irritates and causes eyestrain.

Much of Fallout 4 improves directly on 3, which is great, but this may be why it feels there’s not much truly new here, and not even much in the way of refinement. It will swallow many people for hundreds of hours, especially on PC, but it will have others wincing at the same old problems yet again. From one angle, it’s a masterpiece, from another it’s a mess, and to play is to constantly encounter both.

Fallout 4, then, is a paradox, delivering in many of the areas that matter most but undermined throughout by poor combat, technical problems, and what feels like a lack of focus. So here we go again. It’s not war, but Bethesda that never changes.

3/5.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/nov/10/fallout-4-review-spectacular-messy-and-familiar

• 3 months later...

Bethesda outline the new Fallout 4 dlc, and increase the price of the season pass

Automatron, out in March 2016 for £7.99, revolves around the Mechanist, who releases evil robots into the Commonwealth. The Robobrain, last seen in New Vegas, returns. Also, you can build and mod your own custom robot companion. There are hundreds of mods, Bethesda said, as well as the new lightning chain gun.

Wasteland Workshop is out in April and costs £3.99. This lets you design and set cages to capture live creatures, from raiders to Deathclaws. You can tame them and have them fight each other, as well as against your settlers. This add-on also includes new options for your settlements.

Far Harbor, which costs £19.99 and is out in May, sounds like the most substantial add-on. It's a new case from Valentine's Detective Agency, and involves searching for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. You travel to the island of Far Harbor which suffers from higher levels of radiation and, as a result, is "a more feral world". There is a conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom and the locals.
Bethesda said Far Harbor is the largest landmass for an add-on it's ever created, and has new faction quests, settlements, creatures and dungeons. There's also new higher level armour and weapons.

Meanwhile, Bethesda said it has plans for even more DLC to be released in 2016, and so it's increasing the price of the season pass from £24.99 to £39.99 on 1st March 2016. If you've already bought the season pass nothing changes. You get everything at no additional cost. It's worth noting you have until 1st March to get the season pass at the current price, and you'll still get all the DLC.
Bethesda plans to run closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. If you're accepted you'll get a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version, and if you're selected you don't have to buy the add-on.
More patches are coming, too (hopefully one fixes the quest bug that's preventing me from finishing the game), as well as an overhaul of Survival Mode. And what about the Creation Kit? It's in testing, Bethesda said.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-16-fallout-4-dlc-revealed-season-pass-price-hike-announced

• 1 month later...

Bethesda claims their upcoming 'Far Harbour' expansion for Fallout 4 is bigger than the TES:Oblivion Expansion 'Shivering Isles':

http://www.gamesradar.com/fallout-4s-far-harbor-dlc-bigger-oblivions-shivering-isles/?utm_content=bufferc83e1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer-opm

Fallout 4's Automatron DLC might only have just arrived but already we're getting a little bit more info on Far Harbor. That's actually the last of the currently revealed expansions, due in May after April's settlement building-focused Wasteland Workshop.

Okay, it's not a huge amount of info but here it is from Bethesda PR man Pete Hines:

"Bigger in size than Shivering Isles" might not be the hugest nugget of info but it means that Fallout 4's only (currently) story-based DLC is going to be fairly large. The Shivering Isles were roughly about a quarter of the size of Oblivion (the game it was DLC for) and that was 16 square miles. So that means, let's say, 5 square miles for Far Harbour.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...