Publisher: Bethesda

Platform: XB1, PS4, PC

Release Date: TBA

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

YEM7mxS.png

YEM7mxS.png

YEM7mxS.png

First official trailer:

CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT, THE DAY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE PLAYING THROUGH FALLOUT 3 IN THE SUMMER OF 2010! FALLOUT-FUCKING-FOUR!!!!!!!

Quite frankly, if you can't get excited about a sequel to Blakey's favourite game of all time, made by the King's of RPGs in Bethesda Game Studios, you need your heads examined, Fallout-FUCKING-four!!!!!!

7iTPMoy.jpg

It has been a long wait for news, but tomorrow we expect to see a glimpse of the game before a full unveiling during Bethesda's first ever E3 conference which is set to take place in Hollywood on Sunday, 14th June 2015.

Details on Fallout 4 - if it does indeed end up being called that - are thin on the ground. The most substantial leak to date suggested that it would be set in a post-apocalypse version of Boston and the surrounding area.

Scripts, character descriptions and references to numerous locations in the series were spotted. The leak also suggested that Fallout 4 will have a voiced main character, with both male and female options available.

Locations mentioned include the Commonwealth, the Fallout universe's version of Massachusetts, and the Institute, the post-apocalyptic rendition of MIT after years of rot have tarnished the M and the T away.

This leak dates back to late 2013, and it was during 2013 that Bethesda moved on from supporting Skyrim with post-release content to solely focusing on its "next project", presumed by most to be the next chapter in its Fallout series.

But that's not to say that the game has only been in development for two years. Sections of the studio had already been working in pre-production on the project for some time. And at an idea stage at least, Bethesda has been talking about Fallout 4 for far longer.

Other Fallout 4 "leaks" have turned out to be hoaxes created by some of the series' particularly dedicated fans. Trademark applications have been faked on several occasions, while one elaborate website teaser attempt was designed to "force Bethesda's hand" and get the game confirmed earlier.Last January another tease saw the voice actor for Three Dog, host of Fallout 3's Galaxy News Radio, suggest that his character would reprise his role in a future game.

And finally, something to chew over while we wait for tomorrow afternoon. This time last year Eurogamer interviewed Fallout: New Vegas' lead designer Josh Sawyer and asked him what he wanted to see in Fallout 4.

"Fallout games are best when the choices are - and this applies to role-playing games in general, but Fallout is a more desperate world - more agonising," Sawyer explained.

"They feel more appropriate to the post-apocalyptic genre. So I hope that whatever twists and turns the story takes, it's more nuanced than a black-and-white choice."

Read the full interview here, and join us at 2pm tomorrow for your first look at Fallout 4.

UPDATE 2/6/15 3.45pm: This is not a drill: Bethesda has launched a countdown site for the reveal of Fallout 4.

The big announcement will happen tomorrow at 3pm UK time.

You can find the clock at fallout.bethesda.com.

UPDATE 2/6/15 5.30pm: Hidden within the Fallout 4 teaser site source code is a hidden error code that references Fallout 3 character Masterbrain.

The robotic Vault-Tec Corporation creation is likely only being referenced as an Easter egg, but perhaps there's more to it?

"PA system failure has occured," the website code reads. "Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorised and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-02-fallout-4-is-real-and-its-being-revealed-tomorrow

I've seen a few people saying that, I think it looks fine. It's an open world game, more open than Witcher, and with less time on it than GTA, it was never going to be amazing to look at

That and, given the problems Bethesda had getting the games to run last gen, I'd rather a less is more approach to the graphics

Can anyone explain why I don't feel excited for this?

You live in Leeds. A barren post-apocalypse landscape is a normal everyday sight for you... :lol:

You must have a very good 360!...

This. Have you played Fallout 3 on consoles recently? It hasn't aged too well looks wise.

I'm in the mood for another Fallout game. I just hope the ending is better than 3's. 1 and 2's were so good.

Fallout-FUCKING-4 absolutely UNREAL
Some people on twitter going on about not being excited about it because Obsidian aren't doing it, the guys at Obsidian are decent folk and I loved Pillars but New Vegas is dogshite compared to F3.

Can anyone explain why I don't feel excited for this?

Have you recently had a labotomy? ;) honestly no idea how people can't be excited for this, it baffles me, unless, of course you hate all Bethesda RPGs that have come out before, then I can see the reason for your lack of enjoyment.

I thought I'd be excited for it. After watching the trailer I was like "Oh, OK."

To be honest very little is exciting me these days. Maybe I should cut back on the mindless murdering, it's dulling my senses to stuff I'd normally lose my shit over.

Some people on twitter going on about not being excited about it because Obsidian aren't doing it, the guys at Obsidian are decent folk and I loved Pillars but New Vegas is dogshite compared to F3.

Couldn't disagree more. I liked F3, it was a shot in the arm, but New Vegas does the world, story, and some of the scenarios better. Not to mention the dlc and how involved that was

Well, I'll be laying a pre-order down, just not sure which platform to go with.

Well, on the face of it PS4 may be better for frame-rate and resolution, but I know that doesn't bother you, so just go with your heart! ;)

Couldn't disagree more. I liked F3, it was a shot in the arm, but New Vegas does the world, story, and some of the scenarios better. Not to mention the dlc and how involved that was

Fair enough, I know a lot of people share your opinion, I just personally got nothing from New Vegas, I felt the story was a convoluted mess that I just couldn't care about, the side-quests uninspiring and the world dull and lacking character, I played for 35 hours and just couldn't play anymore, I was so incredibly bored with it.

For me RPGs are defined by their worlds, and I just adored the Capitol Wasteland, it was such an incredible place to explore, with all the historical depth, all these famous (now decrepit) landmarks to explore, I just found it much more vivid and interesting than the Desert of New Vegas, all the side-quests in F3 as well were so memorable, I have so many fond memories of that game but my only lasting one of NV is sheer boredom I'm afraid.

I respect Obsidian though, they're a decent studio that have made some incredible RPGs (Pillars is my highlight though probably) over the years, and I'd love them to develop an open-world RPG of their own to explore, but for F4, I'm just so pleased that the A-Team of Bethesda GS are on the job.

Apparently this may be coming THIS YEAR!

Pre-order Fallout 4 and get 20% off your next purchase on the Bethesda Store! (A 20% off code will be emailed to you after purchase. 20% off excludes games, pre-sale, deposit and sale items. Codes expire October 31, 2015.)
THIS IS A PRE-SALE ITEM.
You will be charged the total amount at the time of purchase. This amount is fully refundable if the order is canceled before the ship date.
Your entire order will be held until this product becomes available. The current estimated ship date is TBA 2015.
Ship date subject to change without notice. We will always update this product page with the latest information we have.
ESTIMATED SHIP DATE: TBA 2015.
Released: 2015
// Edit:
Nirolak, looks like Amazon's put a 2015 provisional up too.
edit: and gamestop

I'd rather it looked a little bit last-gen and ran smoothly, rather than the 360 version that often felt like it was buckling under the strain and had screen tearing all over the place.

I'm quite looking forward to this, a game where I can drop in, poke at things for an hour or so, save and then drop-out.

Yeah im looking forward to this as well I think. Its a massive game of course but like Robotic Monkey says you can actually achieve something in an hours play session, I loved Fallout 3 for the ability to just wander around and find cool things, and even though I agree this doesnt look SUPER NEXT GEN, it looks a lot better than fallout 3 and I would take an improved version of that.

The Fallout 3 lunchbox and bobble head limited edition is probably the only LE (appart from the Blizzard one's) that I've not regretted buying, So I'm hoping they do something like that again.