passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

I finished up Orange is the New Black today. Was good enough for me to want more of the same.

I've got seasons 1 to 3 of Game of Thrones now. It's not on Netflix though, just on Bluray. Hopefully by the time I'm through that I can pick the 4th series up cheapo.

• 3 weeks later...

just watched upstream colour on netflix, its by someone behind primer or something, not sure this is a recommendation, but it's pretty crazy, i didn't really understand it...

but then reading up on it it turns out i sort of did understand it but it's so odd i thought that can't be right.

just watched upstream colour on netflix, its by someone behind primer or something, not sure this is a recommendation, but it's pretty crazy, i didn't really understand it...

but then reading up on it it turns out i sort of did understand it but it's so odd i thought that can't be right.

I somehow had this confused with another film. I just googled the synopsis and it's not the film I thought it was, but it sounds pretty interesting, I want to see it. I might have a look this weekend.

I also now really want to know what the film I had it confused with is actually called, because that one is really interesting too.

Edit: the other film is Dogtooth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogtooth_(film) sadly, I don't think it's on Netflix.

Edit: the other film is Dogtooth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogtooth_(film) sadly, I don't think it's on Netflix.

I have seen this film!

I'm not really sure I'd actually recommend it, I watched it after hearing Mark Kermode talking about how great the film was, but I just found it awkward viewing. Perhaps it was intended to be a black comedy and I just didn't get it.

I've been watching Battlestar Galactica on Netflix, coming up on the last few episodes now. Considering I didn't really fancy it, it's really drawn me in. It's some underrated sci-fi for sure, I don't really know many people that've watched it and that.

I'm going to do Parks and Recreation on Prime next. I've seen so many clips from it that I feel familiar with it already, hopefully it's as funny as the bits people cherry pick out.

It's my all time favorite sci-fi series.

Farscape is pretty good if you have the time and havent seen it.

And if you like Muppets.

Didn't that one get cancelled at short notice so they couldn't give it a proper ending? I hate when that happens.

It's my all time favorite sci-fi series.

Farscape is pretty good if you have the time and havent seen it.

And if you like Muppets.

Didn't that one get cancelled at short notice so they couldn't give it a proper ending? I hate when that happens.

it did, it's great, and they ended up doing a 2 part film called Peace Keeper Wars which gave an ending (if a bit of a rushed one), which isn't on netflix

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else started watching BoJack Horseman?

I've watched the first episode, not sure of it yet. A couple of bits made me laugh but not a lot.

I've started watching The Shield as it missed me by the first time. I still can't get over how much Vic reminds me of Ross Kemp though.

I marathoned The Shield about 2 months back. I think it's an underrated show myself, but they let it meander a bit before pulling on the reins and wrapping it up. I think the season that pisses about was during the writers strike, so that's maybe the reason it's not as focused.

I really like the characters Vic and Shane, they're so fucking ruthless in grabbing opportunities with both hands and doing what they think is right even if it's morally dubious as fuck, it really has an abrasive quality against Claudette who does everything by the book always and knows that the strike team despite getting the job done are being corrupt as fuck.

Also 4:3. Standard def. As far as American shows go, it didn't have very many pennies spent on it in that department, it makes it seem older than it is.