passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

Watched Have A Good Trip last night, which is a documentary on people’s experiences on LSD, both positive and negative. All famous people I think. I was most surprised by Sting being on it, though in hindsight, it does make some sense that he would be big into those kind of drugs.

Best bit for me was a guy saying that movies and TV always portray trips badly, but then one movie got it right. Just as I was thinking which film I would say got it right, he said the same one.

I also watched Apollo 11 on there last night and it’s incredible. All old footage never seen before, apart from an animation showing how the parts of the craft would break apart which I would assume is new, but is simple enough that I could also believe that it was made in the ‘60’s.

I was watching while high as fuck so I spent most of my time trying to figure out whether some parts were recreated or not. Like one part you see the craft perfectly in frame as it screams toward the sky. I was trying to decide whether it was an impressive zoom, a second rocket that went up just to film the original or a modern recreation shot.

There was at least one moment where I learned something about space travel that surprised the fuck out of me.

Other than the comedy film, I have no clue what inner space travel is. Is there a difference?

The thing that surprised me, as it’s not something I’ve ever looked into or thought about, is how they get the momentum to launch towards the moon. 
I always assumed it was a simple case of launch up and keep going towards the moon. The reality is that they went up and then stayed in orbit of the earth and essentially went round the earth a couple of times to build up the momentum and speed to finally break out of orbit, leave the earth properly and get into the moon’s orbit and land.

Anyone been watching The Last Dance?

I have no interest in basketball but it’s been fantastic so far, only 3 or 4 episodes in at this point. Michael Jordan was a beast on the court, they show some of his amazing skills in the mid ‘90’s and all of his peers across rival teams had to concede that he was the best there had ever been and possibly ever will be.

It also shows Dennis Rodman pre losing his mind and he was such a sweet innocent young man.

I used to watch that era of the Bulls. Channel 4 used to show the NBA so I'd wake up and watch the games at 3 in the morning.

I used to do the same for Kids in the Hall too

And Fist of the North Star. Its no wonder I've struggle to sleep in hindsight 

2 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

I used to watch that era of the Bulls. Channel 4 used to show the NBA so I'd wake up and watch the games at 3 in the morning.

I used to do the same for Kids in the Hall too

And Fist of the North Star. Its no wonder I've struggle to sleep in hindsight 

This is the Bulls I watched too! (I had 2 Pippin jerseys. Pippin wasy boy).

I need to watch this series.

Pippen doesn’t come off the best. Acted like a spoilt child purposefully getting surgery not when the season ended but when it started. To be fair, he was underpaid and trying to piss off the people that secured his contract, but also harmed his own team mates.

Finished Last Dance today, was great throughout.

I hope they do more series on other sports. Off the top of my head, the end of the Fergie era of Man United would be well suited. I don’t give a shit about any sport, really, but if they do it that well, I’ll watch it.

Yeah The Last Dance is indeed fantastic.

I went through a phase of watching a load of Basketball during my 2nd year of Uni (supported the Clippers and Raptors) but haven’t really touched it since aside from 1 or 2 of the recent(ish) Cavs v Warriors finals games. 

But yeah, this was so well put together it was difficult not to get caught up in it really. Superb from start to finish. 

17 hours ago, Hendo said:

I don’t give a shit about any sport, really, but if they do it that well, I’ll watch it.

I've never watched it, so I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't the Man City docu meant to be good on Amazon Prime?

14 minutes ago, shinymcshine said:

The one they did on Sunderland AFC was a bit of car crash TV (in terms of their on field performances).

Sunderland Til I Die, yeah that’s great too. I watched a couple of eps of the Leeds one on Prime which was decent too.