passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

As of this time I've no interest in a Pro version of the PS5 at all, last gen almost felt like there was a need for the upgrade... this time feels more like a "let's see how much we can fleece our customers" move.

Who was ever interested in a TLOU multiplayer? The last one people played just because it was there and quickly dropped off.

Just seems odd that they would spend so much time trying to make a multiplayer game out of a heavily story driven experience. 

People really liked Factions, it was a big point of criticism about the 70 euro 'remake' that they took it out entirely. Even by the time U4 released more people were playing Factions than the MP in that

TLOUII also just has excellent gameplay, IMO it would make a great MP title. But they aimed too high with it.

Then again I'm the person who likes that game for how it plays and not its imo overly long belabored story.

I think it was more the fact sony thought that they would cash in on live service games with this. 

Only after destiny 2 failing to produce results post sony buy out that they thankfully canned it. 

Lets hope more of their live service projects go a similar route in post Jim Ryan era. 

See a load of Insomniac info has been leaked including Wolverine footage and their line up until 2030... I'm not gonna post links but it's easy enough to find. Shame as this kind've thing is never any good for anything.

I think the really shit part is personal information of Insomniac staff that's supposedly out there now.

I didn't want to but I checked some of that Wolverine stuff out. Looks fine so far, it's interesting that a current-gen game in pre-alpha has more or less the visual fidelity of a finished PS360 product. Logan also looks very much like Jackman and I wonder if that's a placeholder or not. Would be cool if he had the more wild comic book look to him but seeing how their Spider-Man games are very MCU-like this might unfortunately be the final design.

I blocked anything Wolverine related on Twitter (I’m never calling it X, fuck off Elon). But a video cropped up while I was scrolling through TikTok, and I ended up watching a little. 
To be fair, it looks good. Anyone judging right now, shouldn’t be, as non of us should even be looking at this right now. But, their Spider-Man games have been great. So I’m confident this will be worth the wait. 

Oh, and here’s my PlayStation wrap up shenanigans. Dead By Daylight at the top, for 4 years running. 

IMG_0074.png

IMG_0075.png

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Maf said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/playstation-state-of-play-coming-this-week-reports-suggest

State of Play 10pm Wednesday. Since this rumour was bang on I suppose what was rumoured to be announced was as well

Since I’m the only one who cares about this, apparently they’re going to do a Sonic Generations remaster. 

huh. I really liked Generations, but I did play it on pc so maybe I'm not going to feel the benefit of a remaster. It also really doesn't feel that long ago that it came out, even though I remember what house I was living in, and it definitely was a while back

I can see this being pretty much Final Fantasy, Rise of the Ronin and fuck all else... that seems to be how Sony operates now, they don't like us knowing more than about three games in advance. 

Edit... OK, I'll take that back, supposedly covering more than 15 games.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/01/state-of-play-announced-covering-more-than-15-ps5-psvr2-games

Although I'll stand by the fact Sony have been spectacularly bad at showing why we should be excited by their output this generation. 

Sonic might actually be exclusive then because it already runs at 4K/60 on Series X (and PC for that matter).

Kind of interested in Stellar Blade just to see if it actually looks good now after all this extra time in the oven. And if SH2 remake is there, I hope fans like it. Not interested in it at all but with all the scepticism thrown towards Bloober I'd like to see this turn out to be a success.