passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

It's a bit nuts when you think about it, 40 million is double the lifetime sales of the Gamecube or the original Xbox. But at the same time, despite all the talk that Playstation is dominating compared to Xbox today, it shows how much healthier the market shares are today as they were back then, even if MS is lagging behind.

Weird issue to come up 2.5 years after a consoles been in the wild, seems to be a few isolated cases from using unlicensed PS4 > PS5 stick converters or something, don't think it's anything us average joes have to worry about. Maybe the ventilation in the arena(s?) played a part too.

Sony really needs to relax that whole thing where PS4 controllers don't work on PS5 games, at least if they want ps5 as de facto standard for tournaments. It's a bit much to expect all 7000 contestants to make that upgrade, given that these fighting game controllers can be just south of 300 euro in some cases.

Yeah there needs to be some kind of work around done at some point for sure.

PS Blog: PS+ Extra/Premium August 2023

eba46114d29a947a99b8bbe35b3dda25773744f2.webp

PS Plus Extra:

• Sea of Stars | PS4, PS5
  • Moving Out 2 | PS4, PS5
  • Destiny 2: The Witch Queen | PS4, PS5
  • Lost Judgment | PS4, PS5
  • Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed | PS4, PS5
  • Two Point Hospital: Jumbo Edition | PS4
  • Source of Madness | PS4, PS5
  • Cursed to Golf | PS4, PS5
  • Dreams | PS4
  • PJ Masks: Heroes of the Night | PS4, PS5
  • Hotel Transylvania: Scary-Tale Adventures | PS4, PS5
  • Lawn Mowing Simulator: Landmark Edition | PS4, PS5
  • Spellforce III Reforced | PS4
  • Midnight Fight Express | PS4

PS Plus Premium:

• MediEvil: Resurrection | PS4, PS5
  • Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice | PS4, PS5
  • Ape Escape: On the Loose | PS4, PS5

Bloody great month that, won't have time to play them but some great gets there.

6 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Sony really needs to relax that whole thing where PS4 controllers don't work on PS5 games, at least if they want ps5 as de facto standard for tournaments. It's a bit much to expect all 7000 contestants to make that upgrade, given that these fighting game controllers can be just south of 300 euro in some cases.

yep. I've bought PS4 versions of a couple of fighters just so I can use the Saturn pad with them

Not too sure if you need any salt with this and there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what it is... Slim? Discless? Both?

To be fair it doesn't look that much smaller in any case.

disagree on the size, try and pick your PS5 up like that 

tbh, it looks fake the way he's moving it, like it's empty. Whatever though, we know it's coming, probably why Sony were dropping the price of the disc version so much the last few weeks. I just hope they don't make the drives impossible to find just to push people to digital, but modern gaming is evil

2 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

disagree on the size, try and pick your PS5 up like that 

tbh, it looks fake the way he's moving it, like it's empty. Whatever though, we know it's coming, probably why Sony were dropping the price of the disc version so much the last few weeks. I just hope they don't make the drives impossible to find just to push people to digital, but modern gaming is evil

If rino the bouncer tell you it’s real it’s real ok.

4 hours ago, Nigel Tufnell said:

I guess they are going to ween us of physical media all together, there's barely any Xbox Series software to be found in shops here.

How does Xbox sell over there? 

You see it represented pretty well over here in Game and the like 

10 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

How does Xbox sell over there? 

You see it represented pretty well over here in Game and the like 

There are no more game shops over here anymore, EB Games and Gamestop gone, the only real place to get games is at stores that sell electrical goods and the odd large supermarket.

These Electrical stores have a selection of Nintendo Switch(usually only first party, lego, sonic), PS4 & PS5 (maybe around 100 titles available new and budget games)

Xbox would be lucky to see more than 10 titles in any given shop and then its the usual titles, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon, Minecraft and the odd third party title, talking to people who have xbox they seem to be using gamepass and are happy with that.

If there's anythere outside the mainstream of games such as the last 3 Trails games, then i have to order these online.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a weird one, as I find playing some games on the Switch a truly miserable experience if they've not actually been optimised/adapted for the small screen (generally relating to text or icons being way too small/indistinguishable).

And the prime concept of Project Q just seems to be the remote play of those big screen experiences......

I think this is aimed directly at me lol, will most likely be Day 1 on this. It's the cheapest solution out of the others I've looked at so far at least.

As for BG3's small text, its either put up with it on the iPad (until this comes out) or not play it at all, that's the reality for me at the moment so I'll have to choose the former even if it's not optimal.

They also announced the prices of the new Wireless Pulse Elite (£129.99) and Explore (£199.99) headphones too

I think value wise it's pretty good actually, that controller-like thing that goes on your phone is £100 so another £100 for a screen, all the haptics and those buttery good DualSense buttons and analogue sticks. A DS controller alone is £60 odd.