passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

• 2 weeks later...

Sony updates, right. Anyway, now Sony are in trouble too

A former security analyst for Sony Interactive Entertainment is suing the PlayStation maker for gender discrimination and wrongful termination, according to a lawsuit filed Monday. Axios first reported the news on Tuesday.

The lawsuit, filed in a California court, is seeking class action status to include any women impacted by alleged gender discrimination at Sony. In the lawsuit, the former IT security analyst, Emma Majo, said women at the company were not paid equally to male employees with similar titles and roles, and were denied promotions and equal compensation. She alleged that Sony “tolerates and cultivates a work environment that discriminates against female employees.

Majo’s suit says she told Sony of the discrimination with a signed statement in 2021. Her lawsuit alleges that “soon after,” the company fired her. The company attributed her dismissal to the elimination of a department, but Majo said she was not even a part of that department.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea that’s why I mentioned the emulation quality in the first place. I got the PS2 emulated versions of Capcom Vs SNK 2 and Metal Slug Anthology on PS4. The reason I didn’t buy anymore? They were both terrible on it. Especially Metal Slug. Felt like playing them in treacle and had very noticeable input lag. Shame. It’d need to be a vast improvement over that. 

This is really good news because if it’s quality and a real competitor to Gamepass it means Gamepass will have to get even better. Rising tide raises all ships and all that.

EDIT: If we hit a point where Sony starts their Gamepass rival the same time Xbox starts getting it’s top quality, 1st party games out it will be war and bring it I want to see a fight 

EDIT DEUX: That’s the not the right phrase but you know what I mean 

Pure speculation but I reckon the highest tier will include 1P titles Day 1. I don’t think it’ll come cheap though if it does.

The PSP, PS2 & PS1 games would be a nice bonus but something I’m not overly bothered about having my launch PS3 set up still.

I wonder what it says about this generation of games that the big studios now also require support studios. Or maybe it’s the business and contracting that’s changing where instead of subcontracting just bringing people in house.

Which is different from MS strategy which was let’s buy lots of studios but they’ll all make their own games.