passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

1 hour ago, Nag said:

And people say the Dead Space remake is a waste of time...🤣

They both are! 😒

it's come to my attention some people are considering playing just bloodborne in the runup to elden ring. do NOT do this. bloodborne is imminently due a (60fps) remaster.

Also, what a shill!

No, buy and play the easily available cheaper version and don't waste your money on a full price mark up of a old game. 

Point taken about the DS comment lol

However, Bloodborne is a particularly technically shonky game when it comes to performance and image quality. Dead Space holds up pretty well I reckon, 30fps isn't Satan. But BB doesn't even maintain a clean 30fps, it's stutter and jaggy city. It's always been like that.

Personally it's one of the reasons I've held off revisiting it recently even tho I kinda want to. It's kind of the main reason people hope for at least a port which gets it to a base standard level.

2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

lol, what the hell. They close off the studio and then buy the new one that was made up by mostly the same people? I wonder how some of the guys in there feel about this.

Same thing happened with Lionhead and MS. Closed down in 2016(ish?) then a new team brought together (filled with Ex-Lionhead employees) in 2019/2020.

It makes no sense but it’s just 1 CEO/Head prioritising acquisitions and the previous prioritising cost cutting I would’ve thought. 

Yeah, but Microsoft didn't buy Two Point Studios or 22cans.

You don't need to go all Sony defense force here. The closures itself are already shitty enough but imagine just picking up the scraps after the people involved get back on their feet, so they're basically working again for the company who laid them off a few years prior without having any say in the matter. I imagine that was a fun day at the office when they found out.

At 250 employees it’s relatively the same size as rocksteady, potentially less. A bit disingenuous to call it bigger. Looking at the games developed I’m not sure why they’re that big unless they had a splurge recently for that star citizen multiplayer game.

Be interesting to see what they do and if they were in financial trouble.  

The more the sales figures get shown the more I get pissed off about the lack of PS5 exclusives and games like God of War being cross gen. 

All whining about not being able to leave behind the old gen (even though they “believe in generations”) because there’s a stock shortage - while at the same time basically selling faster than all previous gens which have more exclusives in less time. 

Also, way ahead of MS and making bank but not willing to just let us have cross gen upgrades for free. Shouldnt have to pay extra to use the features of the console I’ve just purchased. It’s just petty as fuck. It’s not like those extra £10’s from “upgrades” are going to make a big difference to their bottom line. Just let us have it and stop being arseholes.

the point is that they're selling everything they make, if they don't do the cross gen stuff then they've got nothing on the PS4 but a lot of people who are stuck there because there's no stock of the PS5

I'd like some games to really push the PS5 too, but you never really see them in the first year or 18 months of a console, it's the 2nd wave of games. But I don't think Sony, or Microsoft, are being dicks for catering to the players on their old machines a little still

There's no defending them trying to stop the free upgrades though, hopefully the Horizon stuff has taught them a lesson and they don't do the same again

28 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

There's no defending them trying to stop the free upgrades though, hopefully the Horizon stuff has taught them a lesson and they don't do the same again

Horizon upgrade is free but all other titles are still going to be £10.

“..However, Ryan also stated that "moving forward, PlayStation first-party exclusive cross-gen titles" - those releasing on both PS4 and PS5 - "will offer a $10 digital upgrade option from PS4 to PS5." Specifically, Ryan name drops both "the next God of War and Gran Turismo 7, as well as "any other exclusive cross-gen PS4 & PS5 title published by Sony Interactive Entertainment."

(source)

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Nag said:

I see the PS5 is still too stupid to realise that it doesn't need to download a PS4 version of a game if there's a PS5 version available... I thought they'd fixed that shit.

EDIT: You're right, PS4 copies do always get downloaded to the SSD. For me, they just get deleted along with the PS5 file once I'm done with something.