• Spidey 2
  • TLOU Factions
  • MK I
  • FF XVI 
  • Helldivers 2
  • FFVII Rebirth
  • Stellar Blade
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake

Are all a lock, beyond that, it's up in the air really. I do hope we see the Snake Eater Remake and another Wolverine trailer, maybe the rumoured Twisted Metal reboot, Astros Playroom sequel, some other smaller title updates like Little Devil Inside etc.

Shattered Memories is sort of the SH remake, though not really.

SH2 is sort of the well known one anyway, it's like the canonical game out of that series. 

I would like to see gameplay of SH2 just to confirm if it's going to be the same game. Cause if it is then I don't actually think modern audiences will enjoy it (but I'll respect the hell out of it)

FFVII won't be at this I think, XVI is out too soon. 

3 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

Did they ever actually do a Silent Hill (or Shattered Memories) remake, or are they jumping straight in at SH 2 ?

It is a similar situation to the REmakes. Silent Hill 1 needs the update (just like Code Veronica). But SH2/RE4 is the poster child that will sell on name alone.

Unlike RE, beyond SH3 the quality of the series dramatically declines. So I doubt Konami will be as invested in reinvigorating the series as a whole, as Capcom is.

4 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

Did they ever actually do a Silent Hill (or Shattered Memories) remake, or are they jumping straight in at SH 2 ?

IIRC SM came out in the PS2/Wii period as a pseudo remake of SH, but seems odd if they kick it off again at SH2.

There's been no other SH Remakes, no SH at all since Downpour in 2012. Jumping straight into 2 as it's known as the pinnacle of the series (I presume).

3 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Shattered Memories is sort of the SH remake, though not really.

SH2 is sort of the well known one anyway, it's like the canonical game out of that series. 

I would like to see gameplay of SH2 just to confirm if it's going to be the same game. Cause if it is then I don't actually think modern audiences will enjoy it (but I'll respect the hell out of it)

FFVII won't be at this I think, XVI is out too soon. 

Yeah would definitely love to see SH2 Remake gameplay, I don't think it's too soon if it's out this year, even if it's just a gameplay trailer rather than anything long-form or walkthrough-esque. 

You could be right about FFVII Rebirth too, it may be too soon if it's the end of next year and could disrupt the FF16 marketing cycle slightly. It would still be nice though but I guess it's more of a long shot.

2 hours ago, mmmark said:

Are Sony in the same place Microsoft are? They’ve had all their big releases been and gone and now they’re running on fumes for a while. 

Is this one of your wind ups? 😂 FF16 out next month, Spidey 2 in September, strap yourself in. I have no idea what's next year (presumably Wolverine and TLOU Factions but who knows) and beyond though, hopefully that's what this showcase will sort out.

Not a wind up. That’s two games. Only one of them Sony. Microsoft have Forza and Starfield this year themselves. You have no idea what’s next year, kind of proves my point. Neither companies have much on the horizon. 

I dont really get the spidey hype. The first one was a decent game with a good story, but still sort of felt like a ubisoft game with good movement mechanics.

Then again I feel like that with spidey in general, that last film was boring but people were asking why it wasn't getting nominated for oscars and shit. I just feel on a different planet to that kind of hype, the square Enix guardians game was better than both of them

I'm with you on Spidey 1, it was a decent game with a good story but with monotonous side quests and activities by and large, exploring the city was fun as hell with the traversal mechanics but yeah, it was a 7/10 game for me that got bumped up to 8/10 because the story was so damn good. 

What gets me more hyped for Spidey 2 is how good Miles Morales was though, I absolutely adored that game. The Spidey 1 team is on 2 though (and MM team on Wolverine), I think as a baseline it'll still be 'good' with the pedigree of the studio. With the general populace it should sell absolute gangbusters, the marketing budget is probably going to be insane and one of the biggest seen outside of GTA V etc. too. It should be nigh on a cultural touchstone, I think it will be that big, PS5's will be flying off the shelves, particularly if they do a Limited Edition console. 

Ha fair enough @mmmark both have two big games remaining this year and we don't really know beyond that, I'm sure there will be some cool games for both systems next year and beyond, probably more PS games than Xbox games for me and you'll be the opposite, but that's all good.

I think it's pretty obvious that we know far more of what's coming in regards to Microsoft first party stuff, whether any of it's any good or when it's releasing is anyone's guess... in regards to first party Sony is seriously trailing... hopefully this showcase will put that to rest. 

I’ve no excitement in me for Silent Hill 2. Blooper Team games have all been absolutely shite. Blair Witch is one of the worst games I’ve ever played, just utter wank. Soon as Konami announced it was them making it, I went from “Yes, SH2 is back”, to “Oh for fucks sake”. 

Definitely waiting for the reviews on that one, sure as hell ain’t preordering it. Because when it’s a team that’s consistently made piss-awful games, I’m not exactly excited to see what they’re doing with this. No, I’m thinking “Please don’t suck balls”. 

Some kind of mention of FF7 Rebirth would be nice, but I’m not expecting anything. Not with FF16 about to launch. 

I’d like some kind of update on the Star Wars KOTOR 1 remake, if that’s even a thing anymore.

for context, do we know what any of the big 3 have for the rest of the year? It feels like none of them have a huge amount announced (I genuinely can't name a Nintendo game now Zelda is out, but I'm sure there's probably a Fire Emblem or something). 

It feels like we do this every year, then there's a couple of things announced, or 3rd party games are positioned as leads for the consoles 

I can't speak for Nintendo (for obvious reasons) but Microsoft have Starfield, Forza and Age of Empires... Sony have Spider-Man 2 slated for this year.

Seems a bit sparse doesn't it?😂

Might still be the aftershock of Covid and the delays related to it. Maybe more publishers are starting to adapt the Nintendo approach and only announce a game when they see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you show a game right now for the first time, there's still enough time to ramp up marketing for a release later in the year while simultaneously reducing the risk of having to announce a big delay.

Sony has been historically opposite to that thinking though, so there's a good chance we'll see some late 2024 and 2025 stuff in their presentation, even if I personally don't really see the benefit of that anymore. I wonder if there's more to the Konami rumours though and if Castlevania might make an appearance or not.