passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Started watching the Billy Connolly documentary on iPlayer before work. Really good and nice to see that Parkinson’s hasn’t completely destroyed the man yet.

It shows clips of some of his stand up specials and i’d forgotten how good and hilarious they were. Might have to see if there’s any copies uploaded to YouTube.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Started watching the Billy Connolly documentary on iPlayer before work. Really good and nice to see that Parkinson’s hasn’t completely destroyed the man yet.

It shows clips of some of his stand up specials and i’d forgotten how good and hilarious they were. Might have to see if there’s any copies uploaded to YouTube.

I enjoyed this too.

I like how Billy Connolly had to take to Twitter to confirm that he was still alive and that the show wasn't in memoriam.

Relieved than Billy hasn't died, especially with the death of that other great Scot Sir Andy Murray within the last week.

I mean what the heck is it with all these pre-emptive eulogies? 

I complained to BBC News last year when they dedicated 20 mins of the main news bulletin to a review of Sir Alex Ferguson's career, when there were few actual facts about his medical condition, from which he now seems to have made a recovery.

Likewise Andy Murray only hinted (albeit strongly) towards his retirement, and significant air time has been given to nailing the lid on his career (at least).

Finished A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix.

Well recommended if anyone hasn't seen it. Neil Patrick Harris is the real star, amongst many great other turns. Looks like he had a real hoot playing Olaf. And far less annoying than the Carrey version.

I've been on a Thomas Harris tip at the moment, re-watching Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon on Netflix.

I started watching the Hannibal TV series, only about a quarter way through the first episode but really not sure on it. Anyone seen anything of it before?

yeah, I really liked it. The 3rd series is a weird one, it starts off great, then turns arthouse as fuck (like even more arthouse than it started), then they kind of rush the Red Dragon stuff, which is a shame because it gets very good again

anyone else watching the new True Detective? It's very good so far, even if it is a bit too ultra small world (the main character does and finds everything, and obscure clues just leap off the correct page for him), and I've heard complaints that it basically feels like a remake of the first series

Yep. Stay with Hannibal, it's so good you'll be salivating and wanting to eat what you truly know to be a human banquet.

I'm liking the new True Detective. It's promising and the lead actor is excellent. Especially after the train wreck that was TD2

Funny, I was going to post on this.

Series 1 was bonkers but kept you genuinely appalled and on the edge of your seat with some excellent acting and characters.

Series 2 is sloppy stupid. It's full of total bullshit inconsistency, lazy plot devices and impossible. What's worse it treats the viewer like they're a fucking idiot too.

Me and my partner just said fuck this after episode 2. Should have ended on the mountain.

Half way through season three of Fargo and god damn it’s excellent. After the slight dip of the second season this is just as good as the first. Ewan McGregor is just brilliant, every bit as as good as Billy Bob Thornton in the first series.

Not finished this season yet but I think Fargo comfortably makes the list of my favourite tv shows now.