passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

After talking with DC about Peep Show I realised I'd missed massive chunks of it. So I watched it all from start to finish in youtube. It was dead good and that. One day I hope Jeff gets a smack in the cunt. He's a proper prick.

JEFF!! /Mark voice

To be honest I've been slightly underwhelmed with Peep Show since season 4. It's certainly still entertaining but it has already peaked.

I'd prefer it if the writers worked more on Fresh Meat because that had sparks of true potential that could make a better show than more Peep Show.

Forget all that shite I sad. I reckon I just can't hate a show with Greg McHugh in it.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R1PMLuTu7Y?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R1PMLuTu7Y?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R1PMLuTu7Y?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Could somebody call an ambulance please. Halfagogo has gone mad.

Oi! cheeky. its absolute class, it really is, has a definite central plot, amazing humour, back references the entire past (with some very sweet nods to other media) - love the way they acknowledged scrappy & that yellow track suit kid (basically - they dont talk about it!), it even has fecking vincent van ghoul in it & Harlan Ellison even guested as a school age version of himself!

most importantly - it has that special quality of being enjoyable by adults & kids alike. the sexual tension from velma for shaggy is so intense - better than may live action films or programs.

my kids are obsessed with scoody doo (even the 2 year old), its got 40 years of history (of course typically my childhood ones were the scrappy doo and shit semi-knock off ones). everyone hates scrappy.

40 years is not bad going for show specifically designed as a counter to violent saturday mornnig cartoons and one that has essentially remained unchanged but still very highly watchable - even the real old ones.

must dl the 13 ghosts of scooby doo now i think about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Started watching Homeland the other week, only 2 episodes into the first season. Its good can see why so many people watched this, its a bit like BSG witht the slow moving plot and character building bit by bit only moving forward slowly then all of sudden a quick mass of info. Hoping to get a few more episodes in today!

• 4 weeks later...

What do you get if you cross Derren Brown, a self indulgent prick and a zombie apocalypse? You get some good tv and a wonderful insight into how someone that can do the mind trickery can totally fuck up your life as you know it.

You can watch it HERE if you have not seen it already.

^^ Saw that on Friday night, i honestly don't know if i'm convinced or not.... some of that guys facial expressions and acting (or not) were excellent, on the other hand some of the dialogue seemed really forced and unnatural. I'll be watching the second episode though. :)

I thought all of the "acting" was awful, especially the girl. It's a good job they managed to find the most gullible, lazy, useless waste of flesh on the planet otherwise he might have realised something wasn't quite right... dry.gif

Great concept though and a once in a lifetime experience for the guy.

The acting was rough because you could see all the mechanics going on in front of it. Admittedly it wasn't great acting, but the whole pre-production thing you see in front of it takes away a lot of the shine. Go look at some extras on a dvd when they pan away to the film crew on a dvd and you'll see what I mean.

Finished watching My So-Called Life (an American teen drama that ran for one season in 94-95). It dragged on at times but it was a good show. It didn't shy away from sentimentality either but I nearly prefer that to the cynicism and quick quips of modern tv. Claire Danes was brilliant in it.

I had a go on US Netflix using a 7 day trial of the unblock-us DNS thingy.

You could argue I didn't put it to the best use by watching loads of episodes of The Rockford Files, I'd argue that you're wrong and there's no better use. But damn, the music in that show is great.

I had a go on US Netflix using a 7 day trial of the unblock-us DNS thingy.

You could argue I didn't put it to the best use by watching loads of episodes of The Rockford Files, I'd argue that you're wrong and there's no better use. But damn, the music in that show is great.

You think Rockford Files is cool but there are some things that you would change if it were up to you .

Found (thanks to gamestm) the new minisode (is that the right word?) for the new BSG:Blood and Chrome, looks like the pilot will be next feb on Syfy, which is just the all the minisode's linked together, but from the first few ive watched its just as good if not better than BSG.

Oh sorry being lazy no link but you can just search youtube for it :raspberry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody been watching the new series of peep show? The one on sunday night was so funny, my chest was hurting by the end of it from laughing so much, the last ten minutes was non stop for me, it was definitely one of my favourite episodes.

Homelands a good 'un. There doesn't seem to be much fuss about it though, compared to the other stuff that is on.

Best show on TV. I have last week's recorded as the wife was working Sunday night. Another double bill for us this weekend. :wub: