passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

New phone time!

Manicm

24 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

Sounds like some of you need new phones tbf

I do... I'll hopefully be changing mine in the new year, it won't be one of these fancy flagship models though... I'll probably have a budget of around £450 to play with (I hope)

I remember being the guy at Uni who had to collect all the rent every month, there was one guy out of the 4 others I shared a house with that didn't have internet/mobile banking and had to go down to a Santander branch to do the transfer every month. Fuck that noise, hated that cunt.

Phone batteries last longer than 12 hours nowadays as well thankfully, I don't remember the last time mine ran out of battery on me, old iPhones (1 to maybe 6?) used to be notoriously bad but they fixed that awhile back. Some beefy Android phones probably have bigger batteries though but I'm out the loop on those.

I'm not sold at all on the folds, there's a car reviewer I watch on YT a lot that has one and they just look a bit cumbersome for me, I'm wary of even going for a Pro Max because of it feeling too big in my pocket, the concept is new though and I do like new tech being introduced, especially when phones in general have plateaued in innovation the last 5 or so years.

TBH whilst don't know the full test criteria ~12 hrs for an iPhone 15 is quoted here:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-15-battery-life-tested

I'm sure if it just sits with screen off, WiFi, 4/5G & Bluetooth off, without Apps running it'll last for ages longer than 12 hrs - but my gripe was if you want to use the features on the go (some multimedia, apps & internet) you'll still likely run out of charge, which is problematic if your tickets, e-pay etc are on your phone 

My phone came off charge at 6.30 this morning. I've played games, used two language learning apps, scrolled mindlessly for a bit, been messaging most of the day, spent 45 minutes reading on the bigger, folding screen inside on my lunch, and listened to both audible and apple music.

Currently on 18% battery. 

14 hours with that much use is reasonable,  but fuck me I miss the days I could go a couple of days without charging. 

20 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

TBH whilst don't know the full test criteria ~12 hrs for an iPhone 15 is quoted here:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-15-battery-life-tested

I'm sure if it just sits with screen off, WiFi, 4/5G & Bluetooth off, without Apps running it'll last for ages longer than 12 hrs - but my gripe was if you want to use the features on the go (some multimedia, apps & internet) you'll still likely run out of charge, which is problematic if your tickets, e-pay etc are on your phone 

I'm calling bollocks on that but real world use is difficult to test for and folks are so different.

I get up at 08:20 every morning with my phone fully charged, in the evening when I go to bed at 23:00 and put it on the charging pad it's never on less than 30% battery. That's with bluetooth on, WiFi on, 4/5G on, apps running in the background, apps refreshing in the background, downloading over cellular in the background. Most days I could go 2 days without having to charge it if I wanted to.

I go on TikTok all the time at work as well, use banking apps, other social media apps, forum browsing via Safari, watch the odd YT video too etc. as well, and yeah, never less than 30% charge at 23:00. It's not something I worry about in the slightest. My phone isn't always in my hand but I still use it quite a bit, dating apps when I was using them pre-Char used to be a huge battery drain though I will say.

If you're on a 5 hour train journey or something and you're constantly using your phone, going on different apps, watching YT videos, TikTok, tweeting stuff out, it's constantly searching for signal, it's in your hand the entire time, that's the only time you have to worry about it draining. 

I thought my iPhone 14 pro max battery was buggered after a month of having it. I’d put it on charge and it’d quickly get to around 75% then proper slow down. 

Turns out it’s a feature. It learns how much you’re normally using and when to prevent it charging up fully all the time which reduces a batteries life span. You can turn it off but I’m rarely having to charge between getting up and going to bed.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still using my 6S that I bought in 2016. I’ve replaced the battery and screen during that time but I’m on a good run at the moment. I’m sure it will be life changing when I get a new one but I don’t really feel the need.

• 2 weeks later...