passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

What're ye buyin'?

retroed

• 8 months later...

That time again, where I try to plan what I'll be buying towards the end of the year. Here's what I've got so far...

DEFINITELY

26/10 - Forza Horizon (360)

31/10 - Assassin's Creed Liberation (Vita) (pre-ordered £27.45 @ The Hut)

02/11 - Need For Speed: Most Wanted (360)

13/11 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360) (pre-ordered £36.50 @ Tesco Entertainment)

MAYBE

21/09 - LittleBigPlanet (Vita)

31/10 - Assassin's Creed III (360)

02/11 - Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Vita)

06/11 - Halo 4 (360)

13/11 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (Vita)

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like Borderlands, I'll definitely get Torchlight 2, and once I've got some money spare I'll pre-order the new Mario 3ds game

I was about to post something similar so I might as well quote myself.

I've just pre-ordered Borderlands 2, and Mario is on pre-order too. Who knows when the fuck Torchlight will actually come out now, it sounded from a blog post the other day like it's still a fair few weeks away.

So looking further ahead, Dishonored looks pretty interesting, I can see that being this years Batman (not in sales terms though). Sleeping Dogs looks for all the world like a rental, Far Cry 3 a steam sale purchase. I'm sure there's probably something on the 3DS i've forgot. I can't think of anything else I'm set to pick up this year

Borderlands 2 is on my wishlist for the year and despite my better judgement I think I will still end up getting Resident Evil 6 day one.

My list of games I'm likely to pick up when they're cheap is actually quite big. I'd like to give Darksiders 2 a shot as the first was better than I expected, and Hitman and Dishonoured are on my potential list, as is Need for Speed most wanted which is something I want to try since I enjoyed Hot Pursuit so much but I suspect the open races is gonna spoil it for me like the did in Burnout Paradise.

That's my wants for this year at least.

I've had to cancel my pre-order for NSMB2 due to lack of funds. I'll likely pick it up at the end of the month.

My most anticipated release of the year is Need For Speed: Most Wanted. I just know Criterion won't let me down, and it truly looks like the spiritual successor to Burnout Paradise.

I've put less and less time into my consoles as of late, and back to my handhelds in the Vita and 3DS XL. Loving them both so much right now, and they're just a lot more convenient for me. Saying that, I am tempted to trade my 360S 250GB for the new Halo 4 bundle later in the year. £99.99 and you get the console, two controllers (I need a new one) and the game. I'm not 100% sure I'll go for it yet., though

Updated my pre-orders. I placed an order for Forza Horizon at Sainsbury's using a 20% code (SEGCON12), and NFS Most Wanted at GAME using £1.65 of my Reward points. I wanted it from GAME/Gamestation due to the two bonus cars that are included. I might cancel Ass Creed Liberation nearer the time, funds dependant and how good the previews are. NSMB2 shall be purchased at the end of the month, debating whether to go digital download with that one. I'm still thinking about the Halo 4 bundle (06/11), too.

PRE-ORDERED

26/10 - Forza Horizon (360) (pre-ordered £31.99 @ Sainsbury's)

31/10 - Assassin's Creed Liberation (Vita) (pre-ordered £27.45 @ The Hut)

02/11 - Need For Speed: Most Wanted (360) (pre-ordered £36.34 @ GAME)

13/11 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360) (pre-ordered £34.33 @ Tesco Entertainment)

• 2 weeks later...