passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

DisturbedSwan

Definitely agree with the music. 100% sets the wrong tone (plus just being terrible) for something like this but it’s only for the trailer. VA didn’t bother me. Either way I think it looks awesome, can definitely overlook the story side of it. 

They're trying way to hard to market this to an audience who never heard of Prince of Persia before, but watching the trailer silently shows a pretty interesting game. In itself already, but looking at the bigger picture this might be one of the most important releases from UbiSoft in a while. If it reviews well, I hope the playerbase gets on board to show them that not everything has to be a run-of-the-mill service game.

• 6 months later...

Didn't watch the trailer because this is a guaranteed purchase anyway. Accessibility seems to be done right here, unlike Tekken 8's epilepsy mode.

We also got news that it targets a minimum of 60fps on every platform, with 120 on the higher end systems. This might very well be the first highlight of the year and there's a demo out in a week's time as well.

First time seeing this thread. Just watched that trailer and ..there is nothing here that I like the look of. The Prince's design (dreads, really?). The game aesthetic (It's God of War). Story (Is not PoP). None of it. Aside from the Sands of Time Trilogy, which was it's own thing. PoP should be similar in mechanics to ICO. Solving death traps and puzzles, with some combat elements. Not Air Dashes and fighting GoW-lite demons.

I'll try the demo next week. But that two minute trailer (which is ideally supposed to sell the game) was a huge red flag for me.

I think it looks good, but that is a fair point about the tone. That said, I suspect there's been more time passed now between SOT and now, than the original gansa and Sands... So that original tone has long gone 

I see this as the natural evolution of Mechner's games, a bit like how Dread plays vis-à-vis the first Metroid game. There's a bit of a tonal shift, sure, but it almost seems like that's part of the series' DNA at this point. Sands of Time was different, Warrior Within was different, the awful 2008 reboot was different. I think if anything the common factor here is that the series always tries to adapt to the zeitgeist by bending some of its fundamental ideas (platforming) around modern design principles. Which in this case is a speedy Metroid-like that also puts a bit more emphasis on combat. Btw. you're not playing as the prince, @OCH , but as one of his bodyguards.

4 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Btw. you're not playing as the prince, @OCH , but as one of his bodyguards.

Not playing as the titular character? Red flag number two!

😄Link always gets a pass there. Because Zelda has never been the player character. The "Prince of Persia" though. It's not a legacy mantle or descriptive. The equivalent here would be a Super Mario (titled) game, devoid of Mario.

I’m really looking forward to this. Sure the tone is a bit off but gameplay wise I think it looks fucking fantastic. Just hope it doesn’t get confusing, I’ve always been bad at incorporating time mechanics in combo’s. Also heard it’s meant to be over 20 hours?! That’s really off putting. It doesn’t look the type of game which should be aiming for that kind of run time. Apart from that though, I can’t wait. Definitely my first purchase of the year.