passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Saints Row Reboot

Nag

it's a difficult one isn't it. I really enjoyed 3 and 4, but that was enough to last me a lifetime. I couldn't bring myself to play Gat out of Hell, nor the similar thing they did. They had to reboot it, make it something completely new, but as a consequence it looks to have lost the character the series had

We'll see when it comes out, it may just be that the clean look doesn't lend itself to trailers and it's actually great when you spend time in the world

10 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

it's a difficult one isn't it. I really enjoyed 3 and 4

See I was the opposite, when it was a cut price GTA clone for the first and second game (second being the peak in my opinion) I really enjoyed it... the more outlandish it got the more it lost me.

I mean (I think) the forth game had cars but why would you use them at all when it was faster to jump over buildings and run wherever you were going.

Interesting to note, as I'm playing Watchdogs Legion - that whilst London looks amazingly pretty, with so much graphical detail, the gameplay is still fundamentally rooted somewhat the same as GTA 3 (VC/SA) ever was - and after a while, even with the added hacking of WD, it all feels rather 'old'.

Not sure if SR will/can do anything to freshen that aspect up ?

Even some sort of 'morality' system that erodes/improves the open world based on your actions (care vs destruction) sort of how they had it in Dishonored /Vampyr might be good to see.

I dunno I think morality systems feel really outdated and very 2008. They were the trend when Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Mass Effect 1 came out. 

Also this is a game about cartoon gangsters. Even if they’ll be the “good guys” a lot of the gameplay I’ve seen is running through the streets gunning people down. 

You can have faction systems maybe. But I don’t like those. I can’t be assed to deal with that stuff

Faction systems can be awesome if done right tho, like having missions where you gain rep with one faction but then have a choice to double cross them or whatever and give some of their secrets to another one if you want. Play one group off of another. A game I'm playing at the moment has this in it and it's pretty interesting

The problem with those games mentioned is they had black/white mortality systems, very binary boring stuff. Bioshock stuff.

But yeah, SR sort of looks like a game Ive already played, that's my feeling on it. 

Maybe I’m forgetting something but I can’t recall a game with a. Faction system that I’ve liked. They require the player to pay attention and know what’s going on. I just want to get on and play the game. 

Not gonna lie, the lack of coverage 2 days before the game comes out is worrying. Feel like video game embargo’s are usually 3-5 days before the game comes out, right? Something like that. Seeing no reviews or anything is dropping my confidence in this game.

I just need it to be like a solid 70 something. I’m not asking for the world from Saints Row. I just want a fun, open world, gangster game. Solid gameplay that has a fun hook. 

Sounds like it’s really buggy too so just be aware of that. Skillup had to keep restarting long missions and Dan Rycket at GB is playing on Xbox and has said he’s run into a game breaking bug around 10 hours in which means he’s had to start again.