passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Doing Cool Shit

HandsomeDead

3 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Yeah, I know him. I think he's generally regarded as one of the best Vega players in the world. Pretty cool that he's a doctor.

Yeah I was shocked when I found out, the missus said to him 'you look tired, been up all night?' he said he'd been practising and she found out he was mad good at SF ? I didn't quite believe it until I looked up his name on Shoryuken etc.

A Doctor and a SFV Pro is pretty mad, some people get all the talent haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So it’s taken me forever but I’ve finally figured out how to upload Xbox videos to YT. I need to record the video, upload it to Onedrive on the Xbox, share it so my IPad can find it on it’s Onedrive, download it to my IPad, and then upload it to YT. 

A nice and quick 19 step process. 

Anyway. It does work. 

Next time for when people say Sonic Unleashed is not good ^^

(This might start playing at 360 instead of 720, I dunno)

1 hour ago, Nag said:

Unless the Xbox app on ios works completely differently from the android version you can share directly from it.

Screenshot that? Because I’m pretty sure everytime someone says this process you say it’s bollocks and seem to have a special one of a kind app but never back up the claim. 

@Maf Mate which part is good? It looks so fast and so boring. Are you doing much there? But I’m happy if you’re happy.

Edit: If this is still the way to do it it’s exactly what maf said he did. Also saying it means you don’t have to bother pissing about with hosting sites, you do. You’re not directly uploading from console to YouTube, it’s been uploaded and hosted elsewhere between those steps. The host might be owned by Microsoft but it’s still a host.

Well other ecosystems have whittled it down to 2 steps, technically one step if you just immediately share what you recorded.

I mean you have to use two devices and a separate onedrive app to do a simple thing, just doesn't seem like a very elegant or well thought out system. But nothing on Windows is elegant or well thought out so it's not very surprising.

Then again Sony don't even let you properly host screenshots, you have to do a stupid thing and make a tweet with them instead. Which you then have to click through if you don't want twitter compression to massively lower its quality. So they're both pretty rubbish in their own way

The xbox app is probably a front-end to onedrive, like how their xbox shop/gamepass app is a frontend to their terrible windows store.

tomato tomato essentially. I found a bunch of old PSX roms on my gaming PC the other day. Apparently MS decided to be nice and upload a pirated Parasite Eve to their own servers for me which I probably download in 2010 or something. Nice one MS, but fuck off with your mysterious ecosystems putting their tendrils into everything.

@Maf

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to Xbox Live is helpful for two things: Viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture and then select Upload.
Just so you know:
  • You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to Xbox Live. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.
  • Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to Xbox Live that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.
  • Captures that don't get uploaded to Xbox Live will remain on the console they were recorded on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, definitely not as good as I used to be at Sonic Adventure 2. But it has been *gulp* 18 years since I last played this game. I finally managed to get the A rank on City Escape after a lot of attempts. 

This is the worst controlling game I’ve played all year lol. Mario 64 holds up better than Sonic Adventure 2. I still like this game, though. It’s kind of cool. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Went and uploaded that run I mentioned. This is far from the coolest thing you can do in Hades cause there's also a requirement to do a 32 heat clear to see a glorious statue. Which I will never get now cause when I tried I couldn't even pass the furies with all their buffs and didn't have the patience to keep at it any longer. But the last boss fight with the EM4 modifier is intense. And you can turn on even more buffs to speed this motherfucker up, god. 36:00 is the last fight

• 1 year later...

@OCH check it out I'm Armor Core-ing 🤖

This game is the most abusive thing for your hands, nothing about its control scheme makes any sense. R2 looks down, L2 looks up, you are holding all the buttons all the time for boosting, shooting and bunny hopping 🤕

Cool games though, I never bothered with them cause I assumed based off the metacritic scores they all suck, but actually they've got really sophisticated systems in them and there's a lot to learn about moving the things you build about the place. I guess the reviewers got hand cramps and that's why.

The Mech genre has some of the most immersive control schemes in gaming. It certainly isn't for everyone. But when it clicks with you, you get it.

Of course, Mechwarrior and Steel Battalion, took it to another level...

steel.jpg