passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

I'm also going to add a sequel to the very underrated PSOne RPG Alundra. Basically Sony had their own Zelda in the making. The caveat to this, is that an Alundra 2 does exist. But the only thing they share is the title. 

Some great shouts in here, The Order 1886, Alien Isolation and Sunset Overdrive all deserve sequels in my view. 

I've always wanted to play the Thief reboot as I absolutely adored the 3rd Thief game on Xbox many years ago (Dark Descent?) but never got round to it. I think I downloaded it then deleted it off steam in my PC days about 7 or 8 times but still never played it lol.

I'm going to be a little contentious and say a sequel to Dinosaur Planet Star Fox Adventures. While it does seem like all Nintendo know to do with Star Fox is remake Lylat Wars. It would be nice to see a better realised SFA, without an awkward Andross fight tacked on to the end.

Also, still waiting for Killer 8...

Screenshot_3-d5c4.jpg

Readers discuss their favourite survival horror games, as well as the ones they’re looking forward to the most in the future.

With Halloween almost here, we wanted to know what you think is the best survival horror of the present day and what you think may be the best in the future, especially given the recent explosion in new titles and remakes.

We got a good mix of classics and future titles, with Dead Space getting more mentions than it has in previous years, thanks to the upcoming remake and spiritual sequel The Callisto Protocol.

I'm looking forward most to Silent Hill 2, with reasonable doubt that Bloober can pull it off or that the tone will be preserved. But it's the most interesting horror project coming out, and it's actually a next gen game so at the very least the presentation of it is going to be something to see.

Favourite has to be a tossup between REmake 1 and REmake 2, not sure. I don't actually like a lot of survival horror that isn't SH1/2 or RE tbh, I think most of it just isn't on the same level as them unfortunately. Played Fatal Frame II a good while back on xbox and that seemed interesting tho, might try it again

REmake 1, Silent Hill 2 and Eternal Darkness are all top tier.

RE: Nemesis, Onimusha, Dead Space 1 and Call of Cthulhu: DCotE would cap off tier two.

Callisto Protocol is the one I'm looking forward to also.

I'm going with Alan Wake, Dead Space 2 and Resident Evil 4 as favourites. Not that I have much to compare those titles with as it's not a big genre for me. I really have to be in the mood, and since gaming is more about unwinding at the end of the day for me, the stress of playing those games keeps them at bay for the most part.

to offer something slightly different, Silent Hill Shattered Memories was really good. No combat as I recall, but one of the better survival horror stories and bags of atmosphere

I'm also playing a Dreamcast game at the minute called D2. It's really inventive and unique, I think because it was the formative years of the genre so the "rules" of the genre are quite so set. I'm almost done streaming a playthrough of it and while it's not the best game ever made, it's inofffensive enough to play, and strange enough to keep my interest 

I think my answer to this could change on any given day... I hold all three of the Dead Space games in very high regard, obviously REmake and Resident Evil 2 (both original and remake) are exceptional... even my answer from last weeks question works for this too (Alien Isolation)

All of those games pale to Silent Hill 2 and the first two Project Zero games though, I remember having to force myself through those when I first played them as I found them absolutely terrifying.😅

The next few months are looking amazing for horror fans... I think I'm looking forward to the two remakes most though, seeing what changes can be made to two of the best horror games ever made in RE4 and Dead Space.