passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

If they insist on this conveyor belt of remakes, Killer 7 would have been much more preferable. I wasn't overly impressed by the original LC, back in 2012.

On 05/07/2022 at 16:31, one-armed dwarf said:

That's a weird one to remake, I learned recently that James Gunn worked on the original. Which surely isn't going to be someone they can get for this remake, dude is far too Hollywood now.

Why would they need to, he just wrote parts of the script. I doubt they have to pay him again for work already done with this re-release unless their initial contract was formulated in a very shortsighted manner.

The fact that it'll be a remake worries me a bit though. I think I would have preferred a 60fps remaster or even just a straight up backwards compatible version. They already confirmed the soundtrack will feature different songs due to licensing issues and I can't imagine every line of dialogue and camera angle getting through unscathed because nowadays people have no soft spot for this kind of humour anymore.

Cautiously looking forward to it, but I'll leave space to put up the 360 again just in case.

But while we're at it: it's really annoying just how many rights holders are involved with some of Grasshopper's back catalogue, between themselves, Capcom (killer7), Kadakowa (Lollipop), EA (Shadow of the Damned) etc. It's borderline impossible to give most of these cult classics new life even though some of them desperately need it.

I don't think they need to change the saucy humour of the game at all.  In fact I'd say assessment of games is more sex positive now than it was in 2012.  It would just be weird to get all coy when we've had the last three years of people yelling for Bayonetta 3, who I'd say Juliette shares character traits with.

The audience for the game is horror b-movie freaks, it's not the general gaming audience so if they did change the game in that way it would be an unnecessary call.

All I'd want from a remake is have the combat tightened up a bit because it is a sloppy mess of a game which I like quite a bit.  I just hope the more realistic vision they're talking about doesn't remove the rainbows and glitter from the gore.

AC Liberation is being deactivated on steam. You will not be able to play it after September

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=32049508

https://store.steampowered.com/app/260210/Assassins_Creed_Liberation_HD/

Suppose the message here is yarr, when it comes to Ubisoft games 🏴‍☠️

Ubisoft have this thing where they force you to install a bunch of external launchers to authenticate their shit, so this is how a lot of that stuff could end up like I guess. 

Wonder if I can find a crack for my AC Valhalla, I have paid for it, no yarr here, but still. 

Dont require online connection for single player games, this is such nonsense! This is how that stuff ends up

edit sounds like theyve backed off this now

They trended on twitter today for this stuff, currently the steam page says.

Notice: At the request of the publisher, Assassin’s Creed® Liberation HD is no longer available for sale on Steam.
Notice: Please note this title will not be accessible following September 1st, 2022

New single player Aliens game announced, I'll not hold my breath but fuck me... if there was ever a license that needs doing justice this is it, short of the sublime Isolation in any case.