passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

20 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

The allegations date back from when the 18 year old was 12.

From what I read he met the family when she was 12 to donate money to some cause of theirs. Something tribal heritage related I think. She’s also made videos that she’s not kidnapped after seeing what her family have been telling the news.

I don’t know what to believe tbh. It’s all a bit gossip column like. People in such a position donating money one second and absconding with a young girl the next tho is rarely innocent. 

• 1 month later...

I didn't realise the first film was pre-covid. I remember enjoying it more than I expected, when it was released in cinemas. Although I don't think I've seen it since?

I can't wait, have been reading the first two graphic novels over the last month or two and have loved it. 

It's interesting that it's on Netflix and not HBO Max, because they apparently refused its huge projected budget. There must be a hell of a lot of CGI I'd imagine.

4 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

So they cancel this but they are still steaming ahead with The Flash then? 

For all Miller's exploits, The Flash was always going to be a cinema release. It seems like beyond the peak of the pandemic, WB are turning away from films released purely for streaming. Concentrating squarely on the more profitable big screen.

I’m mixed about this. On the one hand I’d rather there not be a Batgirl movie at all than one that is complete shit (Which going by what I’ve heard today is exactly what this was), and this looked worrisome from that first image where her costume is a shiny jacket.

But at the same time I would have still like to have seen a Batgirl movie. Batgirl is 1 of about 4 Batman characters I actually like so hopefully it doesn’t mean the idea is done forever. 

Cancelling Batgirl was the tip of the iceberg

REPORT: HBO Max Faces a Massive Scripted Content Gutting, 70% Staff Reduction

A new report suggests that Warner Bros. Discovery will be laying off 70% of its HBO Max staff as the company slashes scripted content development.

Warner Bros. shelving the Batgirl movie was just the beginning. New reports have emerged that suggest HBO Max is moving away from scripted content, which will result in massive staff cuts.

According to The Wrap, HBO Max development is expected to be especially hard hit with layoffs with two sources placing the amount of dev staff cuts at 70%. "Everyone in Warner Bros. Discovery is nervous at the moment, and [they’re] starting to look at alternative job options in case they get the axe," revealed a company insider. "Sounds like they’re not doing HBO Max scripted shows anymore with HBO taking over, so less scripted shows overall."

An agent with knowledge of the situation explained the impending wave of layoffs. "HBO Max has a development team, which is a lot of overhead," the agent with knowledge explained. "And why do you need a development team at HBO and HBO Max? It’s redundant. Just have Casey Bloys' team do all the scripted TV development."

The Wrap noted that "Wall Street has been expecting that Warner Bros. Discovery would soon make some major moves to realign the company’s streaming assets." The company's CEO David Zaslav is expected to reveal more about the future of its streaming services -- HBO Max and Discovery+ -- in a quarterly earnings report on Thursday, Aug. 4. Speculation has run rampant online with many fans of HBO Max wondering what the streaming service might look like if it loses the majority of its scripted content in favor of increasing unscripted offerings.

Warner Bros announces The Flash release will see light of day despite Ezra Miller controversy

Warner Bros has finally commented on the status of The Flash following recent controversies surrounding Ezra Miller.

Miller completed work on the project years ago, but has since been embroiled in controversies relating to their conduct.

Until now, Warner Bros, the studio behind DC projects, had failed to comment on whether the alleged conduct would affect the $200m (£164m) film’s release plans.

Discussion of these plans circulated once more this week after it was announced that the release of Batgirl, a film starring Leslie Grace as Barbara Gordon, was being cancelled entirely despite filming being complete.

However, during the Warner Bros Discovery‘s Q2 earnings call on Thursday (4 August), Variety reports CEO David Zaslav revealed the studio was pushing forward with The Flash.

While not mentioning Miller, Zaslav said of The Flash, as well as other DC films Black Adam and Shazam! 2: “We’ve seen them, we think they’re terrific, and we think we can make them even better.”

He said he’s “very excited about them”.

Miller’s controversies began when, in 2020, a video surfaced on Twitter that appeared to show the actor choking a woman in a bar in Reykjavik. The woman, who remained anonymous, said of the alleged incident to Variety : “I think it’s just fun and games – but then it wasn’t.”

No charges were ever brought against the actor. Miller never publicly commented on the claims.

In 2022, Miller went on a social media rant aimed at what they called the “Beulaville chapter” of the Ku Klux Klan in North Carolina, telling them to “kill themselves”. The Southern Poverty Law Centre, a civil rights organisation that monitors hate groups, said that it wasn’t aware of any Klan activity in the area.

Miller was then accused of grooming and “psychologically manipulating, physically intimidating and endangering the safety and welfare” of an 18-year-old from North Dakota.

In an interview with The Independent, the teenager’s father claimed that Miller supplied them with alcohol, marijuana and LSD during their friendship, which dated back to when they were 12.

Miller filmed The Flash in 2021.

Elsewhere during the earnings call, Zaslav elaborated on why the studio decided to cancel Batgirl, a decision which led to widespread criticism.

Money talks...

A movie reaction channel I like put up a Superman reaction the other day. Christopher reeves still a hit with the ladies by the looks. Even when his underpants are on the outside (Maybe that’s why 🤔)