passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I read through it last night at about 3am so can only vaguely remember the details, but it all sounds fine. Pattinson Batman and Joker are staying their own self contained thing (can't remember the name they game it) new Superman film in 2025, new Green Lantern TV show and a Game of Thrones style show set in Wonder Woman's homeland that predates the films.

Gunn seems like a pretty safe bet, don't really know much about the other guy outside of directing Shazam, but could be good?

To summarise even more from what others have already summarised:

Chapter 1 - Gods and Monsters

Films:

• Superman: Legacy - July 2025
  • The Authority - TBA
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold - TBA (not related to RPatBat)
  • Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow - TBA
  • Swamp Thing - TBA

TV Shows:

• Lanterns - TBA
  • Waller - TBA
  • Booster Gold - TBA
  • Paradise Lost - TBA
  • Creature Commandos (animated) - TBA

Was all that was announced. 

For me personally, Superman: Legacy and the non RPatBat Batman film are the two most exciting announcements, followed by Supergirl and Lanterns.

• 2 weeks later...

The real life story of Erza Millar that has surrounded this film will probably receive it's own in due course.

I like how they have differentiated it from the previous Flashpoint too. Not just debuting Supergirl but I didn't expect to see Zod again ..in any film.

I didn't understand why 89 Batman all of a sudden has way more (CGI) athletic ability then he did 30 odd years ago. Without knowing the background story from the comics (but knowing Flash does do some universe hopping) it does feel a bit like cashing in on the No Way Home nostalgia train.

I watched the 89 Batman the other week, it still holds up really well

• 4 weeks later...

MAX FLEISCHER’S SUPERMAN Remastered Blu-ray Release Coming 5/15/23

MaxFleischerSM_MAX_FL_SUP_WW_BDWRAP_FINA

Superman made his comic book debut in 1938, appearing in Action Comics #1 (dated June 1938, but officially published on April 18, 1938), and the Man of Steel’s popularity grew with his subsequent radio program. Max Fleischer gave the world’s first Super Hero his initial animated spotlight, producing 17 theatrical animated shorts from September 1941 to July 1943 that further elevated the character’s profile, and added many significant aspects to his canon – including coining many of Superman’s patented catchphrases and attributes.

Warner Bros. Discovery’s advanced remastering process began with a 4K, 16-bit scan of Fleischer’s original 35mm successive exposure negative. Staying true to the original theatrical aspect ratio of 1.37-to-1, the highest quality raw image was then scanned and then entered into the recombine process – utilizing special proprietary software to merge the successive exposure Technicolor negatives into a single RGB color image. The end result are pristine animated shorts that have been restored to the animators’ originally intended production quality.

Well-known radio actors Clayton “Bud” Collyer and Joan Alexander reprised their famed The Adventures of Superman radio show roles for the Fleischer/Famous Studios animated shorts as Superman/ Clark Kent and Lois Lane, respectively. Jackson Beck provided the voice of Perry White and the show’s primary narrator. Additional voices, many of whom had participated in the Superman radio program, were provided by Jack Mercer, Grant Richards, Julian Noa, Lee Royce, Max Smith, Sam Parker and Carl Meyer.

Max Fleischer’s Superman 1941-1943 will be available on May 16, 2023 to purchase Digitally in HD from Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV, Google Play, Vudu and more, and on Blu-ray at major retailers both online and in-store.

I watched some of these on YouTube. For those more familiar with Cuphead introducing them to the Fleischer style animation. Considering these are from the 40's, they are surprisingly still easy on the eye.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...