passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

It's probably an edgy and transgressive take on Bats that will make comic nerds very mad. Basing that more though on the fact that Robert Pattinson accepted the role than anything in that trailer, given the kinds of films he goes for these days.

fwiw I will check it out, maybe it will be interesting. At least it's harder to guess what this will be like versus all the samey MCU films

It doesn’t look like it goes against what would be expected in a Batman film. It says a lot and looks a lot like I think a Batman film should. It just isn’t saying or doing them in a way I find appealing. I’m not put off by it, but I’m not hype about it. I don’t know what I want from it, but it isn’t giving it to me. 

I think problem one is Pattison is too skinny and his costume is not good. 

It is harder with Batman solo movies, to do something new. Especially when they all like to lean into the same, favourite villains. Doubtless this Riddler isn't going to be the same as Jim Carrey's version. But his schtick is a familiar one.

This looks like the youngest Batman to date, which is the only place left to go really.

• 3 weeks later...

First official look at Batgirl from the movie

Really unimpressed? Kind of just looks like she's wearing a mildly expensive jacket and the cape doesn't look cool there at all. I dunno. Not feeling it. It's quite an accurate version of the New 52 costume but it looks too puffy and not tight fitting. Kind of just looks like regular clothes. 

The comic version 

Spoiler

81ScwKfGguL.jpg

I've always disliked the redesign even in the comic books. The previous black & gold look was just so much better IMO and made her red hair stand out more as well. I guess today's people would call it sexualised but I'm sure you could get rid of the boob pockets and still keep the general design identity of it.

Spoiler

61927.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This popped up in my recommended (because of course it did)

Obviously this scene would need to be modernised if they were going to do a new Superman like this today.But smiling, fun, makes jokes. Clearly Clark is good and helping people is the mission statement, but not so good that it becomes he’s only personality trait and that’s all people talk to him about. Superman is more likeable in these 5 minutes than the whole of the last 3 movies he was in.

I also like the big bright costume. CGI the cape and make the belt less plasticky but apart from that this is still the best Superman costume used in a movie. 

The line where Lois asks “So how fast can you fly?” And he says “I don’t know, I’ve never timed myself” is exactly the point. What makes Superman awesome and what I want to see more of. Only insecurity would lead someone to be obsessed about power. Just because he can fly and catch helicopters, Superman is too simple and ordinary to think about being godlike.

Oh, I’m dumb. There is no 15a it’s just 15. Apparently 15a is in Ireland and they were trying to get it to be a 15a here but the ratings board said no. So it’s just a 15. 

I thought I never heard of 15a before.