passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

The next couple of months in gaming is ridiculous... I've got Starfield on the go, Lies of P, just bought Cyberpunk 2077, then there's Forza, Spider-Man 2 and Alan Wake 2 waiting in the wings... not to mention Seperate Ways and I've still  not played the Shadows of Rose dlc... I think I'm getting anxiety.

God knows how you guys with PC's and humble bundles get on.

Pathfinder: WotR has just pulled an irksome trick (sadly often used in RPGs) where your party is taken prisoner and you lose all your equipment.

And later find a chest where you get it all back - but it doesn't then re-equip you back to the previous state - instead you have to manual do it for each of the 20 equipment slots for each of the 6 party members.

Oh, what a ffcking waste of gaming time.....

Vandal Hearts had a great version of the prison trope. First level you have to fight your way out of your cell block. Narrow hallways and with heavily shielded enemies that can't be attacked from the front.  Then the second level, the escape team has to basically survive in the prison yard for a set amount of turns. Surrounded by enemy archers and spell casters on the upper levels. Meanwhile your second party on the walls has to lower a path so the first group can ultimately escape.

Think I'm just about to enter the final area in Pathfinder WotR (100+ hrs played).

Looked at the time, and thought, oh I've got things I've got to do in about 20 mins (as going away overnight) - so thought I'd better save it for another day.

It's weird in videogames when you get to the close and have to leave at least an hour for the final gameplay sequences, cut scenes and credits - often having to go through the full sequence before you can save again.

Oh well, sure I'll see it come Monday.

Reminds me of when I finished Metal Gear Solid a fair few years back... the Missus was waiting to go out and the ending monologue goes on for about 45 minutes or something... she wasn't a happy bunny.😂

Maybe this counts as a 'gaming shout' but those Pathfinder games are on sale on steam for the next 28 hours or so

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1184370/Pathfinder_Wrath_of_the_Righteous__Enhanced_Edition/

On the topic being mentioned, I've fucked many a sleep pattern trying to bum rush my way through the last zone in a FFXIV expansion. Like to the point of being in a different timezone entirely

2 hours ago, Nag said:

Reminds me of when I finished Metal Gear Solid a fair few years back... the Missus was waiting to go out and the ending monologue goes on for about 45 minutes or something... she wasn't a happy bunny.😂

I had this with MGS4. I was close to the end and was like I've got about 10 minutes and then I can go to bed, I've work in the morning. Like an hour later it finished. The end of that game goes on forever.

We had an hour or so before school. So we put FF7 on. The Junon Harbour bit. By the time the first Costa Del Sol cutscene kicked in (with a save point) we had five minutes to get to school. We didn't do that again...

I was randomly reading the other day, someone posted a question on what Marvel game would people like to see if Capcom got the license back? The almost unanimous reply was X-Men: Children of the Atom 2.  To which someone forwarded this as the roster:

X-Men.jpg

Just started "Solasta: Crown of the Magister" (Series S, Gamepass).

A turn based strategy using D&D rules, but I think it's more in the FF Tactics/Disgaea battle screen genre than a full on RPG.

I'll give it a few hours, and see how it sticks, and if I continue I'll pop a post in the Games section.

I find DF content a bit stale at the moment. Generally it's interesting to hear what's coming with UE5, but I think they're missing a trick by not doing more of the retro content they used to do. Stuff like Saturn games, and how well MGS2 holds up and things like that. We all know that shader caching stutter is annoying at this point.

Definitely good that we're sort of leaving that cross gen period behind tho, stuff like Alan Wake and Cyberpunk pushing ahead and you see the impact the next gen visuals have on atmosphere. I know a lot of people haven't been impressed by RT, but the way it makes a game world feel more grounded and physical is a boon to games such as these. Hopefully the optimisations UE makes can bring that to consoles more frequently now