passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

There's a horror game that's going well on Steam at the minute, that's UE5, and it really does look real. It reminds me of Knightmare as it goes

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2497900/DONT_SCREAM/

I'd rather people stopped using Unreal, funny that we're getting back to the texture load in issue (hopefully that's just a teething issue), but it certainly is a pretty engine

• 2 weeks later...

Keep seeing speculation that Capcom have an unannounced AAA game that "will sell millions" that's going to be released before the end of their fiscal year... most places are guessing the next Monster Hunter game.

I dunno, these rumours usually turn out to be something but there's what, 4 and a half months for the reveal, build up and release?... when would we have the reveal? The Game Awards maybe... we'll see.

I’ve said it before but just want to reiterate Xbox’s search function still sucks big fat fucking salty balls!!!!

IMG_4729.png

Takes a full page to even show a Like a Dragon game and Gaiden still doesn’t show even if you scroll down loads.

Tried loads of different options - LaD, Yakuza, Man Who Erased His Name etc. none actually show it. Why does it suck so bad? 

Tried that along with loads of other variations. None work. I’m starting to wonder if it’s a problem with the app. As in they haven’t put it on the store correctly or something as on the website it finds it ok but it’s literally impossible to find on the app. Still can’t preload it though and no mention of it being on GamePass like other upcoming games show. It isn’t listed on the GP app as a coming soon release either. 

Either way I always have trouble finding games on their app. It’s by far the worst search function I’ve used. 

It wasn’t on the normal Xbox app though that was the issue as that’s where you normally pre-install games from. I do that often and never had that issue before. & it was missing all together from the coming soon section of GP. Anyway sorted now. 

I still stand by their search being shit though. I’ve struggled to find games many times using it - even when they’ve actually been there too. 

Hope this is in the right place, anyone use the backbone controller? I’m thinking I might game more if it’s a more portable? And not interrupting what the oh is watching on tv, thinking Xbox as I already have gamepass..

Wondered what those that use it think about it? Quality build? Worth it? Hoping to find a Black Friday deal..

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird, it has an 'Offline Mode Browsing' setting but when I tried to use the launcher yesterday basically nothing worked

Pretty sure it's an always on DRM launcher, like how the Xbox One was supposed to work

(edit to be clear, I had this 'offline mode' setting turned on. So I'm guessing it has to phone home on a fairly regular basis which isn't much use when you're experiencing an outage and haven't logged in recently enough. Pretty pointless, in fact)