passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Some people cannot get vaccinated though, that isn't a choice that they get to make. Which becomes an absolute nightmare for a production that employs this many people. As a society I don't think it's totalitarian to say that we should try and keep working spaces safe for these people, because this is the world we live in now.

So I'm saying these people should not have to put up with this. I think they would look at social media abuse as a fairly laughable problem in comparison. I'm not disputing there aren't dickheads on the internet but really it just doesn't matter next to this.

That's why I mentioned Chadwick Boseman as well, if he was still on cancer treatment and alive to work on this film he would not be safe because of stuff like this

From what I understand tho the specific problem here is to do with travel. She is in London now and probably can't get back into the US. 

I think I'm missing something obvious here, because whether you can't or don't want to get vaccinated, either way every person on the set, vaccinated or not, has to get tested all the time because everyone could at any time carry the virus. So at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if someone can't or won't in that situation, there are 1s and 0s on the set and you have to work with both of them.

But yeah, it's about travel anyway, so the whole discussion kind of pointless as a result.

Rapid testing hasn't been shown to be always successful. There's a high rate of false negatives. As mitigation measures go, it is nothing compared to getting vaccinated. It's definitely not a binary 1s and 0s situation. But it is one mitigation measure on top of many others, just a pretty shit one by itself. But it helps a little bit.

I'm not sure what you're missing tbh it's clear enough I think. 

What I'm saying is if you take out everyone out of the situation who willingly refuses to get vaccinated, you still have people in your team that aren't because they can't, so the situation itself doesn't change. There may be fewer but even if it's just one person that person will always be at risk.

They're going for different things. The Alex Ross painting is trying to make the heroes look godly, elevated, strange and higher. Even the perspective is them looking down. 

The MCU designs are made to look more cool and real world and overall relatable. 

I like the MCU designs as well but they don't fit this kind of image. 

Alex Ross can draw anything superhero but I think his style is more suited to the Justice League 

The skirt is dumb but I like Hawkeye's purple and blue costume. It's classic. 

Hawkeye03.jpg

1 hour ago, Nag said:

The MCU designs look better... #dealwithit

Of course they do. Then again, the Avengers have always looked naff regardless. Alex Ross is a great artist, but even his work is glitter on a turd.

31 minutes ago, Nag said:

There's enough bulges in those legs, fuck me what's he made of, balloons?

The 90's was a ...different time, for anatomy:

Spoiler

c413123ede2d4acdf5f8df8497e36614060939de

captain-america-rob-liefeld-1212562.jpeg

EEhFY07U4AIxVQ_.jpg:large

8 minutes ago, OCH said:

Of course they do. Then again, the Avengers have always looked naff regardless. Alex Ross is a great artist, but even his work is glitter on a turd.

No, 90's Avengers look really cool. It's just the characters are really lame. In terms of design I've always loved the way the Avengers look.

Spoiler

hHY3SVmX7P89c6Lz5ehgxJ.jpg

They were just never cool to read about. They worked as cameos in other comics because they turn up and look cool. It's just then you read one of their comics and it's boring as shit.  

I think I was just too used to Fantastic Four, X-Men etc teams with a more unified look. Even the movies have got that right (mostly).

eefdf19a7df22128c3568b2cc741b41139-21-ul

The Ultimates, on the other hand, which the MCU is more faithfully based on. Not as aesthetically messy.

12 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Actress who plays Shuri in Black Panther is causing some production issues due to non vaccination status and the vaccine mandates they have in the States

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/hollywood-studio-projects-get-stricter-about-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-1235045153/

edit seems like she's the lead for this film? She's the new 'Black Panther'?

Idk who that is or anything I just have generic thoughts regarding all films and TV. They really need to start adding the requirement that you’re vaccinated into contracts. If you want the roll be vaccinated otherwise “NEXT!”. No one actor or actress is particularly unique, there’s always more just as good or better somewhere. The ones that make it through had luck on their side.

Anti vaccinated people fall largely into two camps. They don’t believe in the pandemic or they don’t believe the vaccine has been tested for long enough and could be harmful.

Its no good telling them they’re selfish and are putting others at risk because they don’t believe in what you want them to have done or are telling them in the first place.

Or in a way this thread will understand; You’ll never convince someone that thinks Endgame is masterful film making that there’s 100+ better films from that year alone.