passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Rumour is Angelina Jolie is in talks to be in Marvel’s Eternals movie

Deeper rumour is that really what she is in talks for is an X-Men movie

She is a bit too old to be Emma Frost (Assuming Marvel is going to want to catch the teen/young 20’s version of the X-Men) but she certainly as the upper class/bitchy quality needed for it

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Rumour is Angelina Jolie is in talks to be in Marvel’s Eternals movie

So she could be either Sersi or Selene... Good choice, either way.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170204162856

4d69033e3a467a0e127c7eb47bdea0de.jpg

Stopped watching as it does feel like it shows too much 

So my resolve is rubbish. Apart from the first 1 minute short, it doesn't actually show anything new and the new stuff it does show isn't that surprising I don't think.

The new trailer is ok. I don’t think it’s that spoilery at all. Got to say have ‘t really been bowled over by any of these Endgame trailers. Nothing that that second Infinity War trailer, anyway. 

Is it really happening, are they not going to be able to stick the landing after 10 years? Surely no film ever has the potential of disappointment that this film has lol

1 hour ago, Sambob said:

I have to ashamedly admit that despite being an enormous film nerd, Ive never seen a film in Imax before. Pains me to admit it... I think I will try to watch the next star wars film in Imax

First film I ever saw in IMAX was Dunkirk, which was only a year or so ago. It was nice and all but it is only a really big screen. I didn't feel the need to experience it prior, nor a sincere desire to do so again.

Just adds that extra special sauce to some of my most anticipated blockbusters personally @OCH. It's not just the really big screen, it's the absolutely incredible sound as well. Those two combined creates an experience that far surpasses the regular cinema experience for me. 

I only really do it once or twice a year (for Star Wars the last few years and Avengers films) as it is a little bit pricier and I have to travel about 45 minutes on the train to get there (compared to 5 minutes to my nearest cinema) but it makes special landmark films just that bit more special for me and that is more than enough. I'd say everyone should experience it at least once.

To be fair, with modern cinema I don't think sound quality is bad regardless anymore. Granted the film I saw wasn't something with a unique audio flavour such as Blade Runner or Star Wars, so perhaps that was just a facet that wasn't part of the experience I had with Dunkirk.

On 03/04/2019 at 16:28, Nag said:

I'm amazed 3d is still a thing at the cinema, granted that shit gives me a headache which is why I dislike it but in my opinion it adds nothing to the overall experience.

At least films seem to have toned down the lets throw shit at the audience effects...

I saw it first with Avatar (basically the film it was built for) and it worked in that film. I saw a couple of films in 3D after that and, yeah totally not worth it. Haven't seen any 3D films in years.

Meanwhile,

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/03/watch-22-marvel-movies-60-hour-marathon-ahead-avengers-endgame-9101236/

AMC-Avengers-b7b8.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

59 Hours...? Madness

It's funny when I read through the list, how many of them I would skip if given the opportunity to watch through them all. Realistically I would downsize the list to about 6/22.

The idea of a marathon is stupid. It isn’t a sequential story where you got a remember that time Tony Stark got a robot virus and tried to DKR’s it up on a formula 1 track to enjoy EndGame. They are stand alone adventures that cross over here and there, and periodically they actually have full on crossovers. 

40 minutes ago, shinymcshine said:

I wonder, if you took those 22, and cut them so just the main story arc bits were featured from each, how long it'd be?

it would pretty much just be 5 minutes of post credit scenes for most of them

This is the most grasping at straws theory ever but I’m watching these promotional interviews for Endgame and more than ever Scarlett Johanson seems invested in giving good answers to questions and seems more genuine in her responses where as for previous movies she always seemed very PR prepped and it was very lip service like.

Now it could be because this really is the last time she is going to work with some of these folks in the MCU and she is invested in that. But my speculation is she is more energised for this stuff because she knows she’s finally got her own Marvel movie coming with the Black Widow solo. I think the fact she gives a fuck this time means that is definitely happening. 

I know the lines I’m using to connect these dots are stretched very thin but I think this is true