passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

You know I watched Infinity War for the 4th time the other night and I think it’s dropped from my top 5 Marvel films. I still like it a lot, but I when you know all the plot twists there’s not a lot there. With stand alone movies like Spider-Man or Captain America even when you know what’s coming you get to spend time with that character still and have fun. But IW is just chopping and changing all over the place that as much as I like pretty much every character presented, there are definitely some I like more than others.

I also still think that Thor’s whole part of the movie is messed up. What happened to the Asgardians? Why is the Hammer Axe bullshit? Why did he get it so easily? Yada, yada

I was thinking if time travel really is in Avengers 4 then they need to frame it really well why the superheroes can’t just use time travel for everything over and over going forward. 

tales-suspense-80-cgc-6-white-1st-app_1_

I think this will be the answer to Avengers 4. No need to bring time travel into the plot when you can just use the Other Macguffin already present in the MCU. 

Hopefully my Limitless membership will have Endgame as another exclusive preview, like Shazam! on Wednesday? Only a couple of weeks to go, I am really impressed by Disney's restraint in the previews and marketing thus far.

1) Those Avenge the Fallen posters look like a fighting game character select screen

2) Even though RDJ is the bigger star I’m so happy they put Cap first. It wasn’t just in name they really did shift him into being the leader of the MCU

3) Fuck Loki 

Lot of talk lately about Zack Snyder’s almost DC trilogy. Man, he is so off the mark with he’s comments. Apparently in Justice League Darkseid was going to kill Lois Lane 

Justice League movie is bad but y’know, at least I didn’t have to watch whatever it might have been 

WAKE THE F UP, PEOPLE BATMAN EMBEZZLES HE HURTS ‘MERICA

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Lot of talk lately about Zack Snyder’s almost DC trilogy. Man, he is so off the mark with he’s comments. Apparently in Justice League Darkseid was going to kill Lois Lane 

Justice League movie is bad but y’know, at least I didn’t have to watch whatever it might have been 

*Checks thread title*

*Scratches head*

Link to the Endgame character posters mentioned above.

https://imgur.com/a/lMODllX

Good to see Valkyrie made the cut. I hadn't realised that Shuri was snapped as well.

2 hours ago, Maf said:

He was completely the wrong fit for the mainline DC movies.  I could see him doing a side one-off thing pretty well but putting him in charge of the whole series was one of the biggest mistakes in modern cinema. 

But to stay on topic, I am also very glad Valkyrie will actually show up in Endgame. 

It might exist but I haven’t seen it so I dunno

EDIT: Oh I literally just saw it. That’s great. I hope this movie starts like a Bioware game where Avengers have to go around and recruit more members like Valkyrie

How is Happy going to avenge anyone? Lol 

I hope he says something nice about Spider-Man, that would be funny.

Also I realised that this is one of those few times when the Avengers actually avenge something, usually they manage to stop the bad guys before the real bad tragedies happen

I don’t care what anyone says I love superheroes 

I might be stating the obvious, but I assumed none of them (apart from the ones actually killed) are dead, and it's nothing to do with time travel, it's that the other half are in another dimension. Hence why the Ant-Man story was about him going quantum and why Strange keeps Stark alive, because if he dies he just dies

I've just finished watching Infinity War for the 2nd time, I hadn't realised how Star Wars bullshit happenstance it has. There's a lot of people arriving just in the nick of time, but that's just standard lazy writing, the fact they do that so often then still lose is actually quite well done. More that Thor's ship sends out a distress call, in all of space it happens to the the Guardians that find him, literally bumping in to him in the vast infinity of space. The Guardians happen to have Gomorra as part of them, who happens to be on the squad to go the Knowhere, as Thanos happens to be there, and Thanos somehow managed to happen to anticipate that she'd come even though he'd no way of knowing that she'd find Thor

Oh, they’re not in another universe, they’re definitely dead. But obviously it’s only for now. 

I think Infinity War is a film made almost purely out of shock value. I still think it’s good, but it’s definitely not in my top 5 MCU films anymore after the last time I watched it