passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ghost of Tsushima

DisturbedSwan

34 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Has anyone found some info about the playtime? If it's around the 30 hour mark or so I might give it a go but I'm not in the mood for a massive Witcher/BotW/AC open world game right now.

20 hours main story, 40 hours with side quests is the info I’ve got from the PS Era discord.

I’ve got this on order for Friday. Even if the gameplay ends up being pretty generic at least all that colour and HDR should make it fun to watch on my TV

I think I’ll play it Japanese as well 1) because duh and 2) apparently the main character is pretty dull so at least with Jap VO I won’t be able to tell

6 hours ago, Maf said:

Jap

Please don’t say Jap. Although you clearly meant no offence.

This is a pick up down the line I think. The marketing went from great to the game looking ok with no stand out gameplay. 

we've never really ruled on this because Jap isn't really a slur over here, or at least we don't have the history with it the Americans do, so it is just an abbreviation of 'Japanese'. However, if an american posted on here with a shortened version of Pakistan I'd pull them up on it

so... yeah, make of that what you will I guess

I think it's funny how they sometimes limit the categories they put them in so that the "fastest" is actually true.

"Barbie's New Pony Adventure was the fastest-selling game between 4 and 5 pm on a rainy Monday in the first week of a month."

1 hour ago, Maryokutai said:

I think it's funny how they sometimes limit the categories they put them in so that the "fastest" is actually true.

"Barbie's New Pony Adventure was the fastest-selling game between 4 and 5 pm on a rainy Monday in the first week of a month."

Yeah there’s always caveats to Sony’s gloats. Like the last one that didn’t mention it was U.K. only. Ghost looks pretty average which is a shame considering how it looked run up to release. 

3 hours ago, Nag said:

Yeah, undeniably great year for Sony... might be a good time to cash in those shares you have.???

No shares, just happy when great quality games get the reception and sales they deserve. 

3 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Not really, outselling Horizon is quite a good achievement I’d say. Always nice when a new IP succeeds. 

2 hours ago, mmmark said:

Yeah there’s always caveats to Sony’s gloats. Like the last one that didn’t mention it was U.K. only. Ghost looks pretty average which is a shame considering how it looked run up to release. 

Which one was this? Same as for Mary, it’s great to see a new IP succeed regardless.

15 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Mary is such a game grump now.?

Huh? I'm just not a big fan of the internet's hype mentality. "Look at these graphics", "OMG, that PS5 logo", "Have you seen the Tsushima sales?!?"

I just find it a bit ridiculous. 

But I've recently posted very positively about Last of Us 2 and Fantasy Strike. In fact I think I'm still very open about most games themselves, it's just the surrounding info dumps that sometimes flood over from social media that make me roll my eyes.

Also, yes, I'll be playing this at some point @bellow. But I have a couple of other games to go through first.

I'm not against general hype but these kinds of sales humble brags are aimed towards share holders.

If people are playing it and enjoying it then great, I'm legit happy to hear that, but high sales doesn't necessarily mean everyone is.  It's just news about how much money Sony is making. 

I mean, I guess it's cool something unexpectedly gets high sales, but a first party AAA game from Sony was always gonna do well.