Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Death Stranding

This is one of those games I can't get excited for, and I'm a big Kojima fan

Partly cause the idea of an often over-reaching auter type given carte blanche makes me worry the final product will be fully self indulgent (thinking of twin Peaks season 3).

Also cause the little bit of gameplay shown has this image of big budget walking sim. Reminds me a bit of red dead actually

Of course I will probably buy it anyway cause I can't say no really, but I'm wondering if others are excited for the new Kojima game or apprehensive like me.

I’m usually the opposite with Kojima, never really fully embraced or loved the MGS series like many others have. I’ve only ever finished MGS2 and MGSU (if that even counts).

But everything I’ve seen of this makes me more and more intrigued as time goes by. I just can’t wait to see more of it which I could never really say about MGS.

I’m 100% sure it won’t be a walking sim, at the end of the gameplay video from E3 you can see Sam take out a gun.

Also, I’ve watched that gameplay trailer about 100 times. It is one of the best ever trailers in my view.

So yeah, I’m Day 1 on this no matter what really, I can’t see it being anything less than extraordinary with Kojima’s pedigree.

Same as @one-armed dwarf - love Kojima’s work but that gameplay trailer did not look great at all.

I’m keeping an open mind and hoping it will turn out great though.

6 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

One reason why I hope the Kojima alien rumour is true

It’s not unfortunately. It’s likely he was just helping Keighley tease the Alien: Blackout announcement at TGAs (developed by Cold Iron Studios).

The more I see about this the less I care, and that makes me sad.

The complete lack of information on it has me believing Norman Reedus is a stalk, and you have to deliver babies to people all over the Scottish highlands and now if that isn’t the game I’m going to be disappointed.

8 minutes ago, RikSP said:

The complete lack of information on it has me believing Norman Reedus is a stalk, and you have to deliver babies to people all over the Scottish highlands and now if that isn’t the game I’m going to be disappointed.

I dunno, that sounds pretty neat to me. 

I'm kinda glad I'm in the dark really. Right up till near release then I can get hyped. Unless it looks shit. 

There will be more at Awards I reckon.

I trust old Kojima. If this was David Cage or Peter Molyneux I'd be concerned. But I have the Hideo faith 😇 

12 minutes ago, RikSP said:

Same, although I'm not sad because, to be honest, Kojima is overrated as fuck.

😮

You're overrated 😌

Surprised you not enjoying them tbh. We cross sometimes on the action games and MGS/MGS3 are games of their generation IMO.

To be honest the last Kojima game I (attempted to) play was Snake Eater, think I gave up after a couple of hours... I just find his games to be overblown, nonsensical guff now, guess my tastes changed somewhere down the line.

MGSV is one of the best open-world games you will play. The story part of the game is very clearly unfinished, but if you love dick around sandbox open-world games and don’t like the bonkers MGS story stuff, that is the game for you.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

but if you love dick around sandbox open-world games

Unless it's getting in to massive police chases in GTA I don't really enjoy mucking around in open world games... I prefer a bit of structure.

There’s definitely structure there, but it’s more a case of “here’s your mission, here are your toys, complete the mission how you want.”

it is definitely a more boring game after the flaming man and sky whale disappear

Best Metal Gear is Rising imo, 4 was very good though

See I wasn't a fan of the open world metal gear. I preferred the more story focused linear encounters. 

It was also evident in the later parts of the game his fallout with Konami affected it. 

Well I have the game on one (if not both) consoles, so it's there if I ever want to try it... That would require a massive games drought though.

I think MGSV is worth playing, although all the open world is is loads of levels stitched together allowing you more freedom in how you attack the levels. The way it reacts to you as you complete sorties is rather excellent.