passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny: Rise of Iron

Sambob

Another expansion, I know people dont really give much of a shit, but theres been a big leak of information and there is also a live reveal stream tonight so will update this later with more confirmed information.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else getting this? I'm tempted, I've been dabbling with Destiny again and have enjoyed my time with it. When it works, it's superb stuff - though I just wish it rewarded the time you spent with it more.

Be nice to see some of the older strikes cycled back into the playlists as well. Bizarre how a game which was always criticised for a lack of content chooses to ignore a load that's there.

I think im going to, it was between this and Battlefield and as long as I can get this cheaper than the price its on for I think I will get this but im not certain on it. I still cant quite figure out whats in the new release. 

As far as I can see theres a new raid, a new strike, a new multiplayer mode, which is basically COD's kill confirmed, and then something else? story missions I think. Some new exotics and so on which dont matter because you will have stopped playing before you get them and they dont really matter anyway do they?

Just been doing a dig around to find out what you get. From what i've read:

- five new story missions based around Lord Saladin and a nanotech called SIVA

- one new strike as well as a couple of re worked strikes to tie in with the new story missions 

- new multiplayer maps

- new social space - 'Felwinter Peak'

- new area to poke around in the 'Plaguelands' 

- a reworking of the cosmodrome that ties into the new story

- new raid

- new competitive arena - Archon's Forge

- new gear and exotics

- eight new artifacts that give you extra abilities

- ornaments - cosmetic items

PS4 exclusive content it an extra quest, an extra multiplayer map and an extra reward.

Negged?

Ive put you back up, that was a shitty thing to do as you clearly went to some effort to do it and especially when i couldnt be arsed.

On topic, thats not a bad amount I guess, and the lure to come back into whats a fairly enjoyable way of passing a lot of time is making me quite tempted, time to find some cheap PSN credit.

You also get a new ship and a weapon if you pre-order on the store. 

It's £24.99 for the Rise of Iron pack, but if you already own The Taken King on PS3 or PS4, there's an upgrade to Destiny: The Collection available for £32.99.  It gives you everything; a digital copy of Destiny, expansion I + II and The Taken King all available to play straight away, plus the Rise of Iron pack when it's released. That's what I went for. You can currently get £6 credit for vanilla Destiny at GAME (beating CeX), so that brings the effective cost down to only slightly more than Rise of Iron on its own. 

I don't think I'll be getting it.

I was playing Destiny pretty casually. Mainly the PvP and the strikes but Overwatch has filled that void for me now. Battlefield and Titanfall on the horizon too.

The new DLC isn't getting me hyped either. The only way I think they could get me back is if matchmaking was added to raids. Which I know they've been talking about..

I dunno.

I quite like the idea of getting back into Destiny especially since FFXV has been delayed but I just worry I'll play it for a few hours and then not bother again.  And Overwatch is filling it's space nicely, and that has a new map and competitive mode soon as well.

On 01/09/2016 at 5:49 PM, spatular said:

i'm getting it yeah!

don't think there will be as much content as the taken king. as that was more expensive iirc, but can't be bothered actually working out if im right or not.

No you're r right.  It's been stated as somewhere between Dark Below and Taken King in scope.  Having a new social space with the secrets like the Dreadnought had will be interesting. 

Destiny has improved quite a bit since vanilla,  but essentially it's the same thing.  If you got bored of it previously you will here. Having a few friends does definitely improve the experience,  especially the raids. 

You'll burn through the story content pretty quick. It's then down to the loot grind; which is what a game like this is all about. Do activities on harder difficulties to get better loot,  which gives you more personalisation options as well as weapons to make the next run easier- to get more loot. Eventually you'll focus on PvP more if that your bag. 

I'm personally obsessed with the game. The mix of PvE and PvP along with people I've met means I can enjoy the depths of it.  I'm currently 'edging' my factions in preparation of the DLC :blink: