passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm behind the curve on this but I was surprised to see, when browsing through the NS eshop a couple of titles that were "cloud version" - I heard Nintendo were going that way but hadn't realised it had gone live (in UK).

So "Pathfinder Path of the Righteous" peaked my interest, albeit, much like the I'll fated Stadia, I'm still concerned what you actually buy for your money (i.e. in 5-10 yrs time will it be supported still, or just disappear forever, so like a long term rental rather than ownership)?

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-Cloud-Version-2274193.html

Where you been mate, there’s quite a few cloud games. Most of them are AAA games the switch can’t run itself. Some aren’t. 

Started with Assassins Creed Odyssey in 2018 albeit Japan only.

It’s not Nintendo that have “gone that way” tho. They’re all third party titles. 

The only one I’ve tried was Control and it worked really well. But to your point yeah you’d have to be mad to pay full price for access to a game that could leave the cloud at any moment. 

iirc that first one, AC Odyssey, was much cheaper and a rental of two years. 

I got a notification that my repaired/replaced JoyCons are on their way back to me, free of charge.

Only snag has been trying to arrange a different delivery date through UPS - whose website/app just seems to be the biggest faff - concluding with one page saying they can't change delivery date until I've verified my address and to do this they'll send me a PIN through the post (in 5-7 working days) not via SMS or email, whilst another area says I can change the date, once I've inputted the unique code from my missed delivery card .......

2 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

I got a notification that my repaired/replaced JoyCons are on their way back to me, free of charge.

Only snag has been trying to arrange a different delivery date through UPS - whose website/app just seems to be the biggest faff - concluding with one page saying they can't change delivery date until I've verified my address and to do this they'll send me a PIN through the post (in 5-7 working days) not via SMS or email, whilst another area says I can change the date, once I've inputted the unique code from my missed delivery card .......

UPS are terrible from my experience, ordered something for Char for her Birthday last year, they wouldn't leave the parcel without a signature but don't give you any timeslot apart from 'before 14:00' which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

Their app and website are both terrible too as you say. Miles behind other couriers like DPD etc. 

Well, about that "without a signature" thing - my dispatch note says "a signature is required", but I'm out today, hence me trying to rearrange delivery date.

And then I get an email about 1 HR ago, with a photo attached, showing they've left item outside, behind the waterbutt.

Let's hope it's still there when I get home....

All good, well in terms of them still being there when I got home.

Really quite impressed by the whole speed of things, 1 week since they were collected they're back with me, free of charge and with a 12 mth warranty too.

So if you've got JoyCon drift, just raise a repair ticket on the official Nintendo UK site and get them fixed for free, irrespective it seems to how long you've had your NS (I'd just put approx purchase date 2018, and didn't include any proof of purchase).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...