passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming time? how??

Manicm

Just wondered when do you all fit in the time for gaming, some have kids and families, others work stupid hours like i do and have other things going on, just how do you balance gaming time??

Im getting to the point i just don't have the time, i work 12 hrs most days 5 days a week, i have one day with my OH doing basically what she wants, sometimes its gaming but normally craps films shopping etc... one me day but i tend to go biking catchup on tivo stuff and the day is gone. After work im just too worn out, and if im late shift i just cant get motivated to get up early or to play games.

I'm struggling to as the missus doesn't work and also doesn't like games so it's a rarity for me to sit down with her and show her something I like.

My days off have been full but recently I've been trying to get some personal time in so I'm trying to sneak in a day or two here and there.

As a man from the North, I do what I like and I like what I do, except those occasions where you must do the shit you don't want to do. Fuck you very much sleep, eating and working.

I never understood the whole wife/girlfriend thing preventing you from gaming. I fully understand you have to or want to spend time with her. Spending all the time with her isn't good though. Grow some fucking balls and tell her to watch a shopping channel or something while you play some games. It doesn't mean you love her any less. I'm sure if she told you to get the fuck out of her face because she wanted to go do something alone you'd be fine with it, because games are always there.

Because I'm a pathetic loser with loads of time on my hands, I guess.

Hell yeah!

I also watch nothing on TV except game of thrones and barely use the Internet. Plus my wife is awesome if ever I tell her I just want to go into a game coma.

I also watch nothing on TV except game of thrones and barely use the Internet. Plus my wife is awesome if ever I tell her I just want to go into a game coma.

See! Proper man. Woman, I am going to do this thing. Deal with it. I'll be back in a bit.

Also, wife? WTF? :o

Also, wife? WTF? :o

Yeah, Sally and I decided it would be fun to get married. It was, we got married in the kitchen. The wedding was filmed by a ginger bloke in a sombrero and we chose the day because Sasha Grey was born on it.

We also served pies exclusively at the reception and the cake was covered in sweets. I think that is everything remotely interesting for other people that happened on the day.

I dont get to play all that much at the minute. I think it'll settle down and I'll get to play most nights, but recently, like last week, I haven't played at all after work. I went out last night so didn't get to play and there's football on the next couple of nights so probably wont play anything then

In the days before my daughter, on my days off I'd do all the chores and then play till I became one with the sofa. Now things are a little different, but thats okay because that was a choice I made. Days off are spent doing things with my family, but I still get a good 2 to 3 hours in the evenings. It helps that neither of us are fans of soaps, reality tv or and of that shit. For example tonight Carla will want to watch Great British Sew Off but after that it's mine. I used to stay up till 1 or 2 playing games, but my daughter wakes at 6:30 so thats not an option. I've also bought things and encouraged hobbies so we both doing other stuff. She's got a DS, tried Warcraft and Minecraft (need to reminder her to play it again), and bought a portable DVD player, so she just canes through box sets like Soprano's, Six Feet Under and The Shield. I also now that the time will come back in the future and eventually Emily will be at school and days off will be mine again!

Used to game whenever the mood took me. The wife was happy about this, she would sometimes even join in.

Since having had a newborn in the house though, my gaming has tailed right off, and I'm snatching quick bursts of gaming mostly on arcade games.

Saving up for a Vita, so I can grab gaming time whenever I've got a spare few minutes. (although this may end up going towards a PS4...)

Yeah, Sally and I decided it would be fun to get married. It was, we got married in the kitchen. The wedding was filmed by a ginger bloke in a sombrero and we chose the day because Sasha Grey was born on it.

Nice. Congratulations.

I can fully understand the child predicament. Kids are no joke. Although a friend of mine found his game time go up a hell of a lot because he was tied to the house. No more spending nights in the pub!

Everyone is growing up. It's so sweet. So sweet it makes you sick.

I don't get the "how do you find time" thing. Whether it's gaming or anything else, if I wanted to do something I made time to do it. When I had a busier and more fulfilling life I would just tell people to leave me alone on a particular day; or for smaller portions of time I'd sack the washing up off for an evening or go to bed a bit later. It's easy to find time. Own it and do what you want with it.

I've got a friend that's in this situation and I tell him this all the time. He talks like he has no time to game but he has, it's only because he's under his girlfriend's thumb and she runs the leisure time so he can't do what he wants to do.

I know what it's like during the honeymoon period and you just want to spend all your time together but it's okay to stick a game console in another room and have an hour or two on it.

I went through the whole "other half who doesn't like games and doesn't like you playing them either" thing years ago. It was a fucking nightmare, looking back on it. Now I'm just a lonely single man with nothing but time on my hands. I honestly don't envy anyone with commitments, sounds like a bunch of noise to me. Far too used to doing whatever I want, whenever I please at this point.

I think for alot of non-gamers, playing games for hours on end can be seen as a waste of time, and they'll usually spare no expense in letting you know this is a Fact. Gaming is like any other activity or hobby, something you're interested in. Nothing is a waste of time if you're enjoying it.

My other half loves gaming well the shoot and killing people, zombie games etc, slightly worrying! Just never have any time, like now I'm stuck outside her work waiting to pick her up because she is 3 hrs late finishing work, before anyone sayes under the thumb I've only just finished driving past her work to get home.

I work late shift 14:00-22:00, and have two young children, so I'm normally up by around 8:00. It is hard to find time to game, but I absolutely wouldn't change it for the world. No video game can ever be as rewarding or challenging as bringing up a kid. I'm never bored, put it that way. Even if I was single and had no responsibilities or commitments, I don't think I'd game a lot more than I do now to be honest. I love my handhelds, though. They're just so convenient, and being a parent they're a godsend. I always have either the Vita or 3DS on me. I manage to squeeze in some gaming at work during breaks, but end up playing them even more at home. Flicking the switch and putting the machine into sleep mode is the best thing ever.

I still play on my 360 but not as much as I used to. Mainly because I can't be arsed. I make time for the games I want to play, though. I played through Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite recently in a fairly timely manner. Blops II is always there when I have half-an-hour. My son, almost 4, has just started playing DS. I have given him my old DS Lite with Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. He loves it. Gamer in the making, right there.