passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

10 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Tried Overcooked. It’s shite. Maybe it’s fun in multiplayer. But the campaign is awful. And I’ll never have the chance to play it local multi. So into the bin it goes. 

Overcooked is fantastic couch co-op. The sequel has online multiplayer. 

the clock speed on the cpu seems a little high to me, the PS4 cpu is 1.6Ghz, which is slow granted, but that's a big step up. The cpu they've got there is the sort of thing you'd put in a solid pc, consoles aren't doing as much, so they tend to go slower. We'll see though, I'm up for these consoles being a big leap, 

39 minutes ago, Nag said:

thought Sony had been doing that for the last year or so with it denying crossplay

Launch aggro I meant. Not the in-cycle whinings and murmurs. 

But you are right Sony have been more in line for spankings than MS of late. 

We'll see come launch ?

@Nag I don't think so, not for under £400. The CPU is one thing, but that's a lot of RAM, then you're throwing in an SSD and a HDD, and a graphics card. 

I could be wrong though, Microsoft went bigger on the One X than I expected them too. I'm also useless when it comes to terraflops and all that, I don't think it's as simple as raw numbers, but how often it isn't I don't know. My GTX 1080 does 9 terraflops apparently (it's a significantly more powerful card than a One X), the 2080 does 14tf, the card in here apparently does roughly 13, that seems a lot when a RTX 2080 is £700 for the cheap model (AMD won't be making something as big as an RTX, so what it theoretically can do and what it does are likely different)

To use the One X as an example, that thing is expensive, it doesn't have a very good cpu so that's an easy fix. However it's also vapour cooled (like water cooling but a bit cheaper) which is expensive, consoles have almost exclusively used fans, and the big, slow, but effective fans were why the original Xbox One was so big and so quiet. So this thing is going to have to be more powerful and cheaper to build than an Xbox One X. Those specs are more powerful, without a doubt, but, and I'm really not an expert, I think it would be really expensive

He is smart old Dangermouse. 

We could be looking at a selection of launch machines. Who's to say off the bat we don't have a sexy monster priced at £600 whilst a more attractive proposition for the masses. Like an X, S and One straight from the get go ??‍♀️

I don’t know how I feel about that. On the one that’s very expensive for a console. And as much as I’m not a power mad video game person I would also be hesitant to buy the super premium console if it’s constantly being held back because the games need to be played on the standard console. I know it’s theoretical but a heavy price tag for a big box seems to clash with the mission statement of “it plays great on everything!”

I haven’t posted this before because it is just industry rumblings really but going by this ResetEra thread:

Rumours are that the PS5 has a dedicated chip for Ray-Tracing (What Nvidia showed off last year when they debuted the RTX 2080 and 2080Ti).

The other big rumour is that Microsoft will have two SKUs (possibly even three) at launch with ‘Anaconda’ being the PS5 competitor and another 1080p machine ‘Lockhart’ with possibly a $99 Game Pass Xbox ‘Arcade’ as well.

That ffvii thing looked good, has a similar interface to kingdom hearts with the shortcut menu.

If they just make another kingdom hearts but with FFVII characters and you can swap them around I'll be very happy

But if it plays like FFXV then fuck this game

• 2 weeks later...