passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

5 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

I can see it on Switch with some bonus content, like a red cap for Joel and a peach dress for Ellie for maximum immersion.

5 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

I can see it on Switch with some bonus content, like a red cap for Joel and a peach dress for Ellie for maximum immersion.

I've not played it, but Joel has a brother as well, right? It writes itself

Given how their margins are thinning despite doing 'better', it sounds like it would be stupid of them not to do things like this.

MS just seem to be the ones to do it first cause they're in a worse spot. 

Last of Us had such an awful PC port though, wouldn't trust an xbox port. It'd probably red ring your series X, even though it technically doesn't have rings anymore, it would still find a way to do it

Common sense prevails, they are working on getting psvr2 working with pc

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/02/22/coming-soon-to-ps-vr2-zombie-army-vr-little-cities-bigger-wanderer-the-fragments-of-fate-the-wizards-dark-times-brotherhood-and-more/

Now maybe people will buy these things, maybe Sony listened to me 👀

On 31/01/2023 at 11:41, one-armed dwarf said:

The thing is, with VR you are selling to a sort of niche audience. I think at this point, personally speaking, there are not very many people left to 'convert' to VR. Most people have made their minds up on what they think of the format, and there are strong reasons for never wanting to get into VR (accessibility, locking oneself off from small children, moving furniture around, these will all still be problems)

Point being I wouldn't see PC compatibility as being something that would put PS VR into competition with a different market, rather than it is already only appealing to a small section of a pre-existing market by not having it to begin with. At least, that's my hypothesis. Could be wrong.

This is great news cause it looks like a great 'tethered' device (better image quality than streaming) for if you want to use it for seated experiences, and you get the added 'bonus' of accessing exclusives on PS5

It really is such a no brainer and it's a shame it took a while for them to consider it, but it's clearly the correct approach. It worked out great for the Quest headset

To me, VR2 would have to drop significantly in price for me to buy one. I only know one person that owns one in

my town. But as he’s revealed himself to be an utterly horrible person, it’s not as if I can ask to borrow it.

I typically buy stuff from Shopto, as I like paying for things in installallments via Klarna. That’s how I get my PS5 games, it’s how I got my Switch.

But even on there, it’s fully priced at £530. I’m just not paying that. Not unless I win the lottery.

17 minutes ago, AndyKurosaki said:

To me, VR2 would have to drop significantly in price for me to buy one.

This is what has put me off PSVR2. I get it’s a great bit of tech, it reviewed really well, but the price is just so ridiculously high. I was kind of waiting for a price drop but they seem to be stubborn about it and it’s not shifting

The biggest thing for me is if they do make another Astrobot VR game. That is a big thing for me because of how much I loved the first one. But even then if the price doesn’t come down it’s such a big ask for 1 game. 

To be honest, the price is justified when you look at the hardware. It's just an unfortunate reality of the way VR is, similar in a sense to a stupendously high end graphics card. But where it's not justified is in Sony's paltry support of the platform. I think that analyst report from a year ago about Sony being unserious about VR support was bang on the money.

The thing is none of the reasons people present for not getting into VR are bad reasons. Which underlines the important imo in Sony acknowledging that there's not a lot of current growth in VR gaming (there does seem to be some growth in use of VR productivity, maybe? With Apples new headset, but that might just be the Apple cult). Walled gardens are the most offputting thing to someone interested in VR, because support is just not guaranteed on the level of 'normal' hardware. You kinda have to embrace this, as Facebook learned with Quest streaming Steam VR games. They have their own walled garden but they let you visit others at least

I don’t doubt the quality of the machine. Some things are just expensive. That being said, it’s unquestionably going to put people off. It certainly has me. 

To me, it’s a Catch 22 scenario. People won’t buy it, because it’s expensive, and there’s not enough exclusive games to justify buying one. But then developers feel less arsed about making games for it, as not many people have one. So even if they made something that reviewed well, it’d be doomed to sell a small amount anyway. Thus they end up thinking “Why should we bother”.

Add to that Sony’s track record about not being that arsed. They released the Vita, a bloody brilliant handheld. And couldn’t drop it fast enough.

Excellent news.

I managed to get mine for a smidge under £300. Still pricey but thought it was a deal I couldn’t turn down. But even at that price the offerings are incredible thin on PS5 to the point I immediately regretted it even at that price. & was going to sell asap and save for a Quest 3. But if they allow it to work in PC I may end up keeping it. 

I've read some people doubt the type of support it will be, because PSVR apparently has a display port connection via usb or something like that, which isn't supported at all on current nvidia cards (even 4090s). So it might be some wireless dongle situation

But I can't see why Half Life wouldn't work. But I'm of the view with that game that people should try and borrow someone else quest to play it. It's about 10 hours long, it's not something you're likely to play more than once except with mods maybe

I haven’t, I’m not really sure there’s any point for me to have one. I live on my own, so never find myself in a scenario where I have to give up the TV. And I’ve my Switch to play in handheld mode in my bedroom. So yeah, doesn’t seem like I need one.