passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Comfort looks good, wire looks bad. Gonna be hard to get used to after being able to freely move without one. Crawling and lying on my back on the floor of a jeep tossing grenades out a window at combine will be one of those things that'll be a bit harder to do without pulling the system down on top of my face

Apparently it has some system to mitigate fogged up lens, which would be great. Currently on quest it takes about 5-10 minutes of it being on for it to stop fogging up (which I don't get, but that's what it does)

edit the cable seems part of the headset, not something you can unplug and replace. It better be really long then. Not interested in seated VR

The cable will have to be long. 3m minimum. I remember playing Astrobot and in that all I had to do was turn my head or lean back and forward and felt restricted by the cable. I could move but I had to think about it when I was doing it. 

That's all I really want from it, though. I don't want to lie on the floor and crawl around. I don't even have the space to do that. But enough room to stand up, sit down, move my head freely and stuff. It's going to be necessary. 

Now lets see what the games will be. Give me my Spider-Man VR game where I can swing around the city. I know they did the Spidey 'experience' for the movie tie in but I want a proper one where I can run and jump off a building and start swinging and somersaulting everywhere. Let the puke commence! 

8 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

(which I don't get, but that's what it does

I assumed that was the lenses coming up to temp enough to combat misting, I may be wrong though but my headset is the same.

I should probably do something with my Q2 really, haven't turned it on for about 6 months I'd guess

• 2 weeks later...

Game Reactor: PlayStation to make big announcements this week

Our sources claim we'll get another look at and release dates for highly anticipated games in a State of Play, but Sony is considering a delay because of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.

Four of my usually very reliable sources at Sony and one outside of the company told me last month that a new PlayStation State of Play or Showcase stream has been planned for this week. One of the reasons why I haven't shared this with you before is that some developers who are set to show off their games in the show and even some at PlayStation Studios have asked for the show to be delayed because they don't want to take the spotlight away from the awful stuff happening right now. This has allegedly lead to talks about delaying it a week or two, but at least it sounds like we'll get some very exciting announcements from PlayStation and its partners before the end of March.

Gamereactor notes 5 different sources on this information, stating that Sony plans to hold a stream with "big announcements" this week, whether that is a State of Play or a showcase, however, developers, both from Third Party and First Party studios have been requesting Sony to delay the show by a week or 2 following the invasion of Russia into Ukraine. It is unclear per the article if the delay is taking place.

I think maybe FF16 gets a mention, or a teaser as the last thing of the stream. FInal Fantasy Origins is more likely as that's out in about 5 minutes.

Forspoken will get some focus as well. Despite the announcement of a delay there's a GI cover just come out so it feels like the marketing is about to begin. 

That Tokyo Ghostwire game probably gets a quick shout as that's out soon. 

Sonic is a Japanese game more Frontiers news please 😁

I don't think FF XVI will be cross gen, they've confirmed PS5 only at the moment.

I do expect it to come to Series X in time along with PC though. But I personally doubt it'll ever be playable on last gen systems. 

I have been wrong before though with GT7 etc. But at this time I highly doubt it'll come to last gen.

Well, that was... underwhelming.

The free Returnal update and the TMNT Cowbunga Collection piqued my curiosity. Ghostwire would too, looking like a cross between Mirror's Edge and Fatal Frame. Except I can tell that kind of game would give me endless headaches.