passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - June 9th

retroed

I only played this for an hour or so on the first day and didn't get back round to it.  I don't think I'll get it on release, maybe a little down the line when it's cheaper.  I can't put my finger on why it's not working for me as I can't fault it a whole lot.  At it's core it is Mirror's Edge.

It might just be the open world putting me off.  On the first level of the first game you're running away from guys with guns and jumping off a building and hanging from a helicopter.  With this open world structure you start the game off running errands and it just feels a bit too low stakes and unexciting.  I'm sure the main game has those moments too but how much errand running do you have to do before you get to it?

I dunno, the game is probably great, but this beta killed my enthusiasm for it.

2 hours ago, Blakey said:

Sounds like ME:C is going to turn out much the same way as the original really, praised and lauded for its gameplay by Critics and fans, but nobody will buy the fucker and thus, no ME3 :(

For the record, I bought the first game for £40 day one.  Did my bit.

Whoa that's harsh, I remember some overzealous mods on a Bike forum I used to frequent, I was selling a Bike and they got the 'ump because people wanted more pictures, so I put them on and they then said 'I've removed that post because you were bumping your own thread' :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't really like the theme from the first game all that much, a bit generic-euro-dance-pop-with-female-vocalist for me. 

The demo for the previous Mirror's Edge is the closest a game as ever come to making me actually vomit. What's the chance I'd be able to play this one? 

• 2 weeks later...

Electronic Arts and DICE have released the launch trailer for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst two weeks ahead of its release date.

The upcoming reboot tells the origin story of skilled runner Faith Connors, barely out of juvenile detention, who stirs things up with the city’s Conglomerate and the evil Gabriel Kruger, and is forced to start running for something “far more important than herself.”

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on June 7 in North America and June 9 in Europe.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/mirrors-edge-catalyst-launch-trailer

• 2 weeks later...