passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Thoughts on the Westworld finale? 

Spoiler

I thought it was great. I hadn't seen it coming that William would be the man in black. I think I'd have preferred it if it had a definite ending, not leading into something else but i get it needs to work towards a second series. 

I assume that now the hosts have turned, if they die in Westworld they don't come back in again. 

Nice tease of other potential worlds as well. 

@Jimbo Xiii

Spoiler

There was a point last week where Delores got stabbed. She then magically isn't when she gets to the church, but you then realise that's all a memory. When she wakes up from meeting Arnold she should have had the stab wound, it bugged me that she didn't. So as soon as they started to hint it all clicked and I was glad I hadn't publicly moaned about what I thought was an error :lol:

While there's nothing stopping Anthony Hopkins from coming back, I kind of hope he doesn't. He's put in a great performance though the series though, makes you wonder why he's not done better stuff through his career 

I liked the series on the whole. I do like Ed Harris and Sir Anthony Hopkins. Enjoyed their screen time in this. Hopkins is a master at being creepy. 

I saw most twists but that's from talking and sharing ideas with the wife. Didn't destroy the impact. I was a little underwhelmed at the ending. 

Spoiler

Maeve being already programmed to do what she was doing took a little shine off her particular 'awakening'. Makes you wonder if she was awake at all or just doing as she was meant to. It does I suppose pose the kind of question on Destiny/Fate and free will. If it's already written is there such a thing? I think she was meant to get on the train, but the choice whether to stay or find her daughter was hers. Her centre of the maze if you like. I was annoyed at how useless the security was at even being able to get a shot off on two rogue hosts <_<

Not sure what a second season would be like. I mean if a bunch of robots went rogue, killing some high value people no less, and that got out....surely the army or PMC would be sent in to take em out.

It is an interesting theory that if they die now they can't come back in but who's to say they don't just repair themselves? Clearly more robust than us and people like Bernard will know the ins and outs.

I'm a big fan of Guy Martin (no relation) just finished watching his trip to china, really interesting tele. Its funny whats allowed and not allowed in china and the rules they have it makes a crazy place to go. The dam in the first episode was immense, although crazy the amount of peoples homes they flooded to do it, but technically its impressive, I'm sure they said they could power 10 UK's from that hydro-power dam which is crazy!

His Chinese translator is pretty good looking, but the hardships her family had over the years is something none of us would ever go through, and his govt official seemed to really not like him in the first two episodes but in the last one you can see he had warmed to him.

His appeal and his programs show he is just a normal guy, tea drinking, normal as the motorbike racer but day to day he is just a mechanic, but he does some great things, reading his book while I was on holiday and that bike ride across the US was immense to read, and that ride across china, I wish I had the strength in my legs to even attempt it, I'm hoping to complete the rapha 500 this Christmas which will be the closest I will get to any of guys adventures.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:57 PM, Hendo said:

Great documentary on Netflix about the history of hip-hop, Hip-Hop Evolution.

Certainly recommended for @illdog

yeah this is great, and educational, for some reason i'd assumed melly mel was a woman. and run dmc  

Spoiler

didn't want to release walk this way

• 2 weeks later...

Channel 4 have it at some point this year its on there preview of 2017, I've been looking for CSI:Cyber season 2 the first was just warming up,normally 5 has it but looks like it might of been canned already.

EDIT - yep canned after 2 seasons. Looks like 2nd season wasn't aired in the uk, might be an amazon buy.

• 2 weeks later...

4 months to go!

The question is, as someone who doesn't use Sky, how am I going to watch the new series?

Bypasing the illegal route, will it go to Amazon or Netflix? Does Showtime have their own streaming service to subscribe to?

Just get a naught box (an android with showbox). I got pissed off with TV shows not being shown because nobody could be bothered to get the rights over here to show em. I'm normally law abiding, I pay for sky n Netflix/Amazon but Fuck em. I want to watch it so I will.

At a mates engagement party last year one of his friends set up Kodi on his TV, he kept showing films that were only out at the cinema or just come to DVD and stuff and thought that would impress us all but we just kept rinsing him (even the brides parents) because of how unbelievably shite the quality was :lol:

I say either get a Now TV box/pass for £16 odd a month or get a VPN (tunnel bear is free I believe) and subscribe to Showtime's streaming service in the US.