passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

So I started installing COD yesterday at 7pm went to bed at 9pm as it was still installing, bare in mind I’ve got 200mb boardband, went to play it just now, it’s only at 63% but it states can play! Yep rubbish! All I get is this blank screen....sat there for 5 minutes...this is my frustration this generation of gaming!

Message pops up 11hrs installation...

You might have 200mb broadband but how fast is it actually downloading? It certainly won’t be anywhere near that over WiFi and even less so the further the console is away from the router.

Also you say your internet speed but talk about installing. Is it downloading or installing? ?

It’s not WiFi, I hard cable the consoles, looking online quite a few having this issue.

I got the Xbox series x version with Xbox one bundled, it’s downloading and installing....it’s done 4 parts...ah just got into the intro...

Managed to get into the game, it hasn’t installed the campaign mode, I’ve got zombies and multiplayer....

I think it’s 130gb, without multiplayer? It’s proper laggy, finally got into it....beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered!

Can’t actually play it, after an hour of trying to get into it...

Just read online it’s the only game too big for the additional storage on the Xbox....possibly play it tomorrow then...

After looking at the settings WiFi gives me 55mbps download while cabled gives me 220mbps, nothing else is using the router so guess it’s leave it alone and hope it’s quicker than the estimated 11hrs.... disc has fully installed now.

image.jpg

Wahoo!!! I got an Xbox!! 

I knew one of the colleagues at work her partner runs a game store, I wouldn’t ask as I know it’s not the right thing, well today we had our ps5 pre-order and we was laughing and joking about selling them on eBay and she asked if I was getting one, told her I wanted an Xbox but would take one of the spare ps5’s if we have one.

5mins later her oh calls me he has an Xbox series X, some game stores have a couple to sell on release day but they where shut so it’s mine! Should get it tomorrow.

No sorry, he did say most game stores had a couple spare, don’t suppose you know anyone who works at game? 

Looking at curry’s they are getting Xbox series s later this week, they have a bundle deal on the website all ready..

33 minutes ago, Nag said:

How are people getting on with the storage with these things? Especially you @bellow...

It was never going to be a problem for me. My usual gaming approach is to have an RPG on the go and intersperse it with some shorter games, but only one game at a time, as I'm doing now with FF15 and Titanfall 2. I also have a racing game on the go at the mo, which is unusual, but I've still got loads of space.

Sure, I filled it up at the beginning to look at some stuff, like gears 5 and ori, (suitably impressed) but I've settled back to normality now, plus my long game will more normally be on the Switch, so I'm likely to have about 300 gigs going spare at most times.

I was thinking storage yesterday...I haven’t transferred games as the saves are on the Xbox cloud?? So plan just to install as and when I want to play something...

Packed my One S away which felt abit guilty about, downloaded COD again, this time the Xbox stayed on and did it overnight.

I have had to put the console flat....no regrets ps5 wise yet but might get one Easter...

Pushed it back a little so the fan is clear.

2A243696-A30D-478E-9ABE-21C2B55EDEF7.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Nag said:

You have Hamsters? I fucking love hamsters... and I don't care how off topic that is.?

Yep 3, Fifi is a 3 paw’ed Syrian, Tigger another Syrian, and we adopted Oreo recently another Syrian but a satin one? So I’m told, he is very shy, think he lived in a room on his own just got cleaned out weekly, but coming around.

No more hamster pics might get told off, off topic ? oh they like the Xbox as the try to hit it when in there balls, back on topic..

344BC125-FD0C-4FA6-B96B-2E8DC6E9D58F.jpeg

I have 88GB left on the internal storage. I've put my Series X enhanced games over and also some that I can benefit from faster loading and quick resume. I have my 4TB external connected as well. Eyeing up the 1TB plug-in SSD.