passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

Yea it’s shit how other devs/publishers barely accept that feature. Definitely. Like I say, that’s an ideal outcome. It’ll never happen unless all companies are forced to do it though. So again, it’ll never happen. 

3 hours ago, Nag said:

Point was highest growth segments include cloud... that could quite easily include phones/tablets.

I don't think a significant portion of people are buying it just for phones. It's additive, which is no bad thing if you're paying for it already, and from experience it's not great unless you have a pad or adapter thing. I'm sure people use it though, like I said, I tried it, but I don't think they're paying for it for that use, as in without Xbox or PC, just for phones, and I don't think that's a particularly controversial take?

3 hours ago, Maf said:

It's cool that Xbox does it, but like Smart Delivery cross anything is an opt-in thing from developer/publisher. Here is what GP looks like on PC with no filter and with cross save filter

Very different. So even though it's cool, it's not like it's a universal thing. Although of course I expect it is with all Xbox first party games. What's it like on Steam vs Steamdeck?

Not only is it not a guaranteed feature for your game, my expereince is it's not even a feature that gets used that much. 

It's not that cross system stuff isn't cool, but it isn't in a position to be touted as a top feature imo

If they ever make a portable Steamdeck style Xbox thing like the rumours say, then that changes things because you could use it on the go. A situation where I think cross system features would matter

cross saves on Steam? I think pretty much every game does it now. Looking at their FAQ it says it's down to the devs, but I haven't played anything on the Steam Deck that doesn't back up to the cloud when I exit. It should really just be on by default, all the platforms offer it, so I don't see a reason why they can't just mandate it

So it's finally confirmed. They most likely had some deals with Nintendo and had to wait out the Direct before going public with it: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/02/21/new-platforms-new-players-xbox-games-switch-playstation/

Hi-Fi Rush as expected only on PS5, not on Switch. That game would never run on Nintendo's hardware in an acceptable state. A bit surprised Sea of Thieves isn't coming to Switch though, considering it's roughly as old as Grounded iirc.

But anyway, case closed, we can finally move on.

On the one hand I feel like they are fucking this acquisition up by letting studios go. I thought one of the strong points of the purchase would be having more studios to make more games

But on the other hand at least there’s another studio out there free and independent. From what I gather they’re a really good studio. Hope they can get some funding for original stuff 

To make this news even more exciting, we’re exploring a possible partnership between our new studio and Microsoft. And while we’re in the early days of developing our next new game and a ways away from making any announcements, our team is excited to develop new stories, new characters, and new gameplay experiences.

Our friends at Activision and Microsoft have been extremely supportive of our new direction and we’re confident that we will continue to work closely together as part of our future.  

It’s not explicit, but it doesn’t sound like they’re keeping any of the titles. Which makes sense. I feel like stories like the Hitman devs that get to walk away with Hitman IP is a miracle in these situations

Partnering with Xbox still makes sense, though. Have to keep their options open when funding is apparently so tight. 

XPP_MAR_2024_NEW-d61c51fd55f85d63723b.jpg

Today, we’re thrilled to announce the next Xbox Partner Preview, this time featuring a mix of new and upcoming games for you from publishers like Capcom, Nexon, EA, and others with more than a dozen new trailers over the course of a 30-minute broadcast.

During Xbox Partner Preview, you can learn more about combat and traversal in Tales of Kenzera: Zau, with a video narrated by Abubakar Salim himself, see new gameplay from Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess, get a closer look at The First Berserker: Khazan, and other great titles coming to Xbox, Windows, or Game Pass.

Our Xbox Partner Preview format is all about sharing exciting games news from our talented studios from across the globe with no frills: just new game reveals, release date announcements, and fresh new gameplay from upcoming games, coupled with unique behind-the-scenes stories from developers on Xbox Wire.

This event will be digitally broadcast on Wednesday, March 6, at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT across our Xbox channels on YouTube and Twitch and it will feature updates on a variety of Xbox and Windows games that are launching on our platforms. 

We hope to see you back here on Wednesday, March 6!

Dunno if this'll amount to much or not.

Amazing. Great. I wonder if it’s the FES content from the PS2? That’s the version I played but only did a tiny bit of the post game 

STALKER on consoles is a pretty big deal, well I think it is anyway. Been a PC only series forever.

That said I found Shadow of Chernobyl fairly hard to get into, and kinda dropped it. Wouldn't be too sure how the experience would map to a controller. On its hardest difficulty mode you die very quickly and it would need very generous auto-aim assists to close the gap there if you wanted to try it like that

• 2 weeks later...

According to the story this happened 5 months before the launch of the Series consoles in 2020. 

Manufactured in China and Vietnam, it carries the model number 2089. The Xbox Series X dev kit, which has the model number 1881, was certified by the agency five months before the console launched in November 2020.

Series Z? Series X+? Series XXX?!